"His Happy Place"

Third Party POV

Naga City, Camarines Sur

I confirmed that the Vice President is at Naga. I talked to the local officials if they can get me to the Jesse Robredo Museum. They toured me around. At the last gallery, I excused myself as I look closely on the details of his death.

"Sec, nabisita ka," a soft voice echoed behind me.

It was the Vice President.

"Hi Mam," We kissed each other's cheeks. "Oo nga po e. It's my first time here. I'd like to look around. Very beautiful museum po."

"Salamat. We wanted this place to be interactive and informative at the same time and we succeeded naman."

"But you know mam, of all the galleries here, this one is my least favorite." I said referring to the last gallery. She smiled.

"Parehas tayo Sec. Ilagay ba naman buong mukha mo sa dingding, sino ba naman di maaasiwa?" She joked and I laughed. There were walls painted with her mourning face during Jesse's eulogy service. "Ayoko sana, sabi ko nga, about kay Jesse 'tong museo bakit ako kasama," I looked at her as she smiled and reminisced.

"Syempre mam, you were a part of his life, kasama ka talaga."

Were.

Or should it be present tense "are"?

No, not now, I thought.

"I liked the first galleries," I said, changing the topic. "Naga is really his happy place no mam? What achievement he did,"

"Naga is everything to him. And he always say na hindi lang siya ang nagtrabaho to make Naga what it is now, but everyone living here."

"Do you think, if he have a chance, he would have left his last footprints here in his hometown?"

"Without a doubt, yes. Naga is Jesse, Jesse is Naga, sabi niya sakin dati."

Then why for the last 6 years, did he not went back here? I thought.

---