"Close but not close enough"

A/N: For MCA. :)

Digong's POV

Undisclosed location

I sat in the midst of darkness. I do not know how many security detail I'm with, I ordered them to look after the woman who'll replace me if something happens to me and I do not know if they followed my orders. We can never be ready, I thought to myself, staring at the pitch black in front of me. They ask me why I am so angry with god at times and I can slap this situation in their faces if I can. They say I'm crazy, I say, who isn't in this world? I sighed loudly.

Right now, my mind is blank but my heart aches. I felt this before, this ache. It was when my wife, the love of my life, the one who believed in me and I thought to stand by me 'till death told me she's leaving. My heart ached but I did not wear it on my sleeves. But deep inside, I wanted to leave too - on the face of this goddamned earth.

I was told that she's fine, this another love of my life, who was shot in the church. Earlier that day, I recalled, I joked her to marry me. She just laughed and I knew it was over. I do not believe that a man dies only once – I died earlier when I saw Jesse, Moises, looked at us and my mind reminded me that the woman beside me, is not mine - and probably will never be mine. I jolted back from the dead. I sighed loudly.

"Rudy?" A voice came.

I did not move.

"Are you there?"

I know who this is. Another heartache.

"Can we talk?" She pleaded.

I sighed. "Bakit ka andito?"

"I'm looking for you." She sat on the other end of the bench I'm sitting on.

"Why?" I asked.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Does it still matter to you?"

"Magask ba ako if hindi?" She half shouted, her voice, quivering.

"I'm ok."

Silence. I can hear her sobs.

"I know you're not."

"Yun naman pala e," I spat.

"I'm sorry." She muttered.

"Tapos na yun, kalimutan mo na."

"I'm sorry. I didn't know, I do not mean to-"

I faced her direction. I can see her silhoutte. "Ano bang kasalanan mo? Why are you apologizing?"

More sobs. Silence.

"I'm sorry it's so hard to forget you."

Silence.

I sighed loudly. "I've had enough heartaches to last me 10 lifetimes." I suddenly said. "I am sure I gave you more and I'm sorry for that."

She broke down.

A man dies more than once, I thought again as I hear her cry her hearts out. But he'll be alive again, only to get ready to die again. I know she'll manage, I think as I look at her direction. She's gone a long way, her intentions pure, her heart as beautiful as her face. I will wait for her to be alive again.

After awhile, she stopped. I can see that she's looking at me. I looked at her. She smiled. She looked like her name – an angel.

"I love you," she whispered as she moved towards my direction. I closed my eyes and felt her lips. It was acceptance. I kissed back.