"Still Into You"

Digong's POV

The Green House, Matina, Davao City

I stared at the wide golf course in my backyard. I am alone in my house today, Bong and most of my security details are playing basketball games in the nearby court. I said that I wanted to be alone. The confrontation yesterday is still in my mind.

I wonder who told Jesse what. I chuckled. He's really that man I'm looking for, he's charming and he's accurate. He can do things as I want them. He can get things as I need them. I know because that's how good mayors work. He was so convinced by the information he got about me and Leni that I racked my brains who could have shared that information with him.

His accusations were in a way accurate but lack details. So I'm crossing out security details who I know, knows a lot of things. My friends could not have just told him that in passing because we only talk about Leni whenever I bring her up. And why would they talk to him about Leni randomly and ask about what is it about me and her? I sighed and try to put this things at the back of my head and relax.

"Mayor?" It was one of my security.

"Yeah.."

"May invitation pong dumating to attend a wedding."

"Ayoko."

"VP Leni is invited."

I turned to her. She chuckled.

"Patingin."

I read the invitation. A relative of Rudy Fariñas is getting married and since Rudy is a common friend of myself and Leni, we were both invited.

I was further surprised that Moises (Jesse) and Angel were invited. This is interesting, I thought. I looked at her.

"Give this to Bong. Put it in my calendar."

--

Jesse's POV

DILG-NAPOLCOM HQ, Quezon City

I was told that the President flew to Davao to rest. Despite the rift we had, I am worried about him. I continue to do the job that we agreed to do as I committed to him. I kept myself busy and buried myself in the work that I have to do. I travelled and talked to people as much as I can to drown all the feelings I had during our confrontation.

I noted I was angry at first and I lost there. For some reason, despite the trust I have for Leni, I felt that I was betrayed already, without me knowing all the facts yet. He did admit that there was really something between them but the conversation ended with no further details and more confusion.

Confusion, then realization.

I realized that I was sad the past few days and that is why I worked so hard. When Digong said that Leni likes tea more than coffee and soft drinks, I knew I lost it. His eyes spelled it for me. They're closer than I imagined and I felt jealous. Not angry jealous, but sad jealous. She opened a part of her to him and he embraced that part. He remembered it, he kept it in his heart. He cares for her. I remember when I last saw Leni and she kept a variety of coffee in her office. I felt that it was for Digong.

I know that I'm overthinking and exaggerating  but I can't help but think about it when I have free times. So I worked hard to keep my schedule busy.

When I went back to my office, I saw a letter. It was a wedding invitation. I was surprised I was given one since I am not friends with most people. It was Rudy Farinas's relative who is getting married and of course, politicians are invited. I checked the list and I was surprised to see Digong, Leni and Angel's names. I wonder how influential this Fariñas guy can get but he certainly made me say yes to this invitation.

--

Leni's POV

RMN Radio Center, Mandaluyong City

I am usually excited for Sundays as I look forward to my radio program. But this Sunday is different. My guest will be Sec. Moises Espinosa of DILG. He agreed to help us inform our audience on certain advocacies that our offices share in responsibility. I still remember what happened in my office days back.

I cannot explain what came to me and I did that. Why we did that. We barely knew each other but I felt that he is someone I knew already. I felt at ease with him, magaan yung loob ko agad. I really felt ashamed for what I did, I do not want to see him. But I have to.

The program started and we talked about the hard line revisions he suggested in the conduction of drug war operations. He wanted full accountability and transparency of police in all operations that his office made an online based app where concerned citizens can track information that can be released to the public. He also wanted to help those drug  surrenderees in transitioning to rehabilitation to community infusion.

We agreed on a lot of points and I am surprised that he knows very well the policies Jesse made when he was still secretary of DILG. I told him that I am happy that they are already making adjustments on how operations should be carried out and that is a sign that the President is listening to his people.

"Matutuwa po ang ating mga kababayan na marinig ito Sec, na finally, magiging inclusive na yung pagresolba sa problema. Para lahat empowered, lahat accountable." I told him.

"Alam niyo po VP, si Presidente po ay isang taong marunong makinig, kailangan lang nya talagang iassess yung situation on the national front. Iba rin kasi un pagtingin nya sa lebel nya. Kaya dapat patuloy natin syang iengage at wag awayin, dahil tayo ay pakikinggan naman niya."

"Totoo po yan, Sec. Maraming beses ko na ho na napansin yan, ung magbabago ung desisyon ni Pangulo dahil narinig na niya yung ibang boses. Sa tingin ko mabuti ito dahil mas nagiging makabuluhan ang kanyang mga desisyon para sa bayan." I smiled.

We finished the program and I thanked him for coming. I felt very relieved that things went well and I'm very happy.

I noticed that he just stared at me. I felt a bit conscious.

"Um, sec, thank you again."

"Ma'am?"

"Po?"

"Invited ka ba sa wedding ni Fariñas?"

"Yes sir, kayo rin po di ba?"

"Oo ma'am. Pupunta ka ba?"

"Opo, kilala ko po yung bride. Mabuti siyang kaibigan."

"Ok lang bang -"

"Yes po?"

"Date kita that day?"

I was shocked by his invitation. He smiled at me and despite me not seeing his eyes (he is always wearing sun glasses) I felt that they were smiling at me. I blushed. My mind went blank. I do not know what to say.

"Sure sir. Ok sa akin."

We stood up and he held my hand. He kissed the back of it.

"See you, Leni."

--