"Atonement"

A/N: Madami nang nagtatanong, pati sarili ko tinanong ko na kung kailan ba ako maguupdate so HERE. WE. ARE! Haha! Enjoy! :)

--

Digong PoV

Undisclosed location

(M: Moises, D: Digong)

D: "Hello? Moises?"

M: "Mr. President?"

I had to laugh.

D: "Mayor nalang,"

He laughed as well.

D: "How are you?" I asked him.

M: "I'm fine sir, ikaw?"

D: "Buhay pa. Masamang damo e," I tell him and he laughed a bit louder but stiffled.

M: "Mas masama yata ako kasi pangalawa ko na ito," He told me and I smiled. 

D: "Siguro nga. Just stay put where you are. I'm sorry if pigilan ko meeting mo with Leni."

M: "How did you know we have a meeting?"

D: "I know everything, Moises."

He laughed. M: "Clearly. Please keep her safe, Mayor. Ok na ako dun."

D: "She will always be safe with me."

--

I hung up the call and made another one.

"How's Leni?"

"Okay po siya sir, pero umiiyak po kanina."

"So paanong okay siya tapos umiiyak?" I demanded.

"Nag-wworry po siya sa inyo sir,"

I sighed. "Try to calm her down.

- I'll see her later."

--

Jesse PoV

Naga City, Camarines Sur

I had to run.

I wiped the last stains off my face as I breath heavily in an open lot in a quiet subdivision at the outskirts of my beloved Naga. I asked the driver of the vehicle to drop me here to lessen suspicion. I heard from the people around that security was tightened in our city as an explosion was heard from another private neighborhood and the Vice President is sighted near Magsaysay Avenue. I looked up the heavens.

Rain drops drizzled lightly on my face as I felt fresh tears form in my eyes. I wanted to cry loudly but I can't. I am tired and stressed, physically, mentally and emotionally. I know this is just a moment so I embraced it. I cried as much as I want and as long as I can. After a while, I wiped my tears with my sleeves and breathed normally. I looked up and the light rain stopped. It's a sign, I thought. I stood up and said a little prayer to Ina. I know she will be with me throughout this journey as she's always been. I smiled to myself as I walked slowly out of the lot. 

It was blurry but as soon as an explosion broke out at the Shrine, a strong force pulled me out of the situation and took me back to Naga - and I think it's the President because he's the one who told me to meet Leni in Naga instead. I was told by the man who fetched me that the President knows. He told me that we were lured in but by planning our escape, we made them aware that we know. I'm still assessing who could have done this but there's a part of me that thinks this might be Grace. I do hope she is safe.

I pass by a carinderia and entered inside. I ordered a hot bowl of Kinalas and watched the news. News was all about the explosion here in Naga and no word about what happened at Calabanga. They reported that the Vice President is safe and secure and no one was hurt in the explosion. Clearly, news reports got it wrong - they thought it's Leni who's affected by the explosion. No one knew the President is also in Naga - or it is not reported much enough. I finished my meal and quietly left. I see a lot of security detail in the main roads and I suddenly wondered where Leni is. I decided to give her a call.