"Better days"

A/N. Finally, the last chapter. To everyone who's been following this story, thank you so much! 

Took a while to finish, but I am glad we are here! Thank you for your support and open-mindedness! :)

--

Digong PoV

Davao City

It's been a week since I had a conversation with the new President. I have been reading all the books that have been given to me as gifts lately that I lost track of the news. I wonder who's the VP now. 

What I am sure is that it's not Grace.

I sip my coffee as I sit outside my house here on the top of a mountain. Ever since I left Manila, I decided to stay here, to clear my thoughts and start anew. My 2nd family decided to take a long vacation in the US and I agreed that I'll only return when they come back.

"Mr. President?"

It was one of the PSG that was left with me. 

"Yes? Kape, nagkape ka na?"

"Salamat sir, pero may bisita po kayo."

"Babae ba?"

He let out a smile. 

"Paakyatin mo dito." I tell him as I go back inside and prepare another cup of coffee. I look at the queen sized bed and smiled to myself. 

Whoever it is, I will not make her regret her effort coming up to me.

--

When I went out again, I saw the PSG walking towards me. 

"Asan na bai?"

"Ma'am Leni, eto na po si Mayor Rody."

My eyes bulged upon seeing the lady. I never expected to see her again, here of all places. I wondered how she knew about me being here or how to go to this place, or how - 

"I asked the Pastor," was her first words to me after a long time.

"You asked the Pastor what?" was my dumb reply, still shocked at her presence.  She suddenly let out that beauty of a smile.

"I asked the Pastor where you are and how can I get there," She explained coolly.

"Ah, um, why would you like to see me?" I kind of demanded and she crossed her arms in front of her and smirked.

"I should be the one asking you that."

--

I asked her to sit down and offered her the coffee I made only to realize last minute that she does not drink coffee so before she can even answer I dashed inside to make her a cup of tea. When I'm done and out, I saw her look at me like I'm a madman but she laughed once I sat down.

"If I knew it will be you, edi sana.."

"Thank you sir for remembering."

I look at her and she look at the teacup, then at me. I pouted my lips.

"Sir parin ba itatawag mo sa akin, kahit na di na ako ang boss mo o ang Presidente?"

She chuckled. She sip some of her tea before she decided to answer me. "Rod," she said.

I felt butterflies swarm my stomach all of a sudden.

"Yes, Leni," I replied.

"Would you like to see me?"

"I would like to see you," I repeated her, like I'm in a trance. She laughed. "I mean, who would not want to see you, it's been a while," I continued, taking a sip on my coffee as well.