"King and Queen"

Digong's POV

Malacanan Palace, City of Manila

I felt very tired after a series of security meetings. It's already 3 am and I was informed that Jesse's safe back at Panacan. I carefully thought about not letting him stay at Manila because of security concerns in the capital city and –

My phone lit up.

"Hi Sir, nagdinner na po kayo? 😊"

And also, Leni.

For some reason, I felt more possessive of her when he came back. I know I told Jesse that I admire his wife but I haven't told him "the little things". I felt protective of her, all the more now that she's in constant threat. There is a part of me that did not trust Jesse but as I've told him, I've got to trust the system and that includes him.

"Punta ako diyan mam," I typed. "Pagluto mo ako?" I sent the message.

"😊" was the only reply. I smiled.

--

Leni's POV

Quezon City Reception House, Quezon City

He arrived 30 minutes after our last text conversation. He was ushered into the small space at the back of my office which serves as a holding area. I entered the room with our dinner.

"Akala ko, ikaw yung dinner mam." He teased.

"Bakit mo naman inisip un?"

"Eh smiley lang reply mo e."

I chuckled. "Ganun ba yun? Ikaw talaga,"

We sat on 2 mono block chairs facing each other which is just separated by a small square table where I put on our dinner. We've been doing this as much as we can, having dinners together where we talk about life with our roles. I sometimes cook for him, sometimes we take out dinner from restaurants I suggest, sometimes his chef cooks for us.

It's been a year that we constantly reach each other out in private. He said we needed to communicate more often, in any form, for us to fulfill our roles better. And I couldn't agree more. I was surprised that he was the one who initiated these things and I could not not accept it.

Sometimes, I think what if this is beyond our roles already. I struggle not to keep my guard down but sometimes he is just so charming. I keep telling myself that this role is not about me but he always tell me things that pierces through my role into my own person.

And sometimes, I just willingly let my guard down.

And fall in love with him.

"Mam, busog na ako." He blurt out as he eat the last meat of the buffalo wing he's holding with his hand. I reached out for the tissue and wiped the dirt on his face. "Masarap sir di ba?" I ask as he drank his water.

"Oo, mam. Kung di lang gabi na, gusto ko pa e." I laughed and uncrossed my legs and accidentally hit his. We looked at each other.

"Mam,"

"Sir,"

He slowly moved the table in front of us to the side as he moved closer to me. He kissed me on the forehead. He put both of his hands on my hips as he slowly pulled me closer to him. I put both my hands on his nape as I rested my head on his shoulders. He slowly showered with kisses the blade of my shoulder nearest to his mouth. I looked up and nibbled his ear and kissed the blade of his shoulder. He held my hips tighter.

"Ok lang mam?" He whispered.

"Opo, sir." I replied. We looked at each other before he took me to the bedroom through the back door.

--

Digong's POV

Quezon City Reception House, Quezon City

It's been a while since she officially agreed to date me. But up to this day I am still not sure what will happen, which is both a thrill and a constant struggle. I do not know if I stand a chance for her. Or if I really want that chance.

We've been flirting on and off for quite a while now and while she is giving mix signals most of the time, tonight is different. We brushed our teeth and took our turns in the shower. I wait for her as I sit on the tip of the bed. Do I really want this? I asked myself, Hell yeah, Rody, my mind shouted in my head. You should actually exclaim Finally!

But since I knew about Jesse, I felt unusually uncomfortable. I felt a bit guilty. My mind and body is one in saying I want this but my heart is hesitant to go a step further. I sighed.

"Ok ka lang?" I heard her voice and smelled her lavender scent. She stood in the middle of my knees, kissing my hair.

"Yes mam. Ready ka na?"

"Yes sir," She replied. She ensured the door is locked and she climbed the bed on her bathrobe. She put herself under the comforter as I look on and smiled at her.

Gusto mo ba talaga ito, Rody? My heart's pounding faster than usual.

When I first met her, I knew I want her. I want her in my place. In my bed. In me. But she was too precious for me to force myself into. Too unique, too mysterious. In the end I decided to stop because we're just playing like kids. And we're supposed to be serious in our jobs.

But as time went by, people ask me about her, I think about her, people talk to me about her – inevitable things. I felt that connection was never broken but our maturity increased. And now, we both know what we have to do and what we are capable of.

"Sir?" She looked at me puzzled why I'm still standing at the foot of the bed. She sat, her back against the bed frame.

"Nagready lang ako mam," I give as an excuse.

She laughed softly. "We don't need to do it Sir. Ok lang."

"Ayaw mo rin no?"

"Gusto ng isip at katawan, siguro. Pero yung puso, may alinlangan."

I slowly crawled towards her and sat in front of her. We smiled at each other.

"Ako rin mam, yung puso ko ayaw." I looked for her hands and held it in front of us. I kissed them.

"Gusto kita Rody." She said and I looked at her in disbelief.

"Mam?"

She held my face with one hand and pinched my cheek. "Leni," she said.

"Leni," I repeated.

"Gusto kita, Rody." She repeated as she smiled beautifully.

"Gusto rin kita, Leni." I said and she giggled.

"Totoo?"

"Oo."

"Really?"

"Yes. Ano pa bang assurance kailangan mo?" I joked and we laughed.

"E bakit di natin magawa yun – " she asked as she looked at my hands she's now holding. "Eh gusto naman natin ang isa't isa."

"Oo nga e. Ewan ko ba sa mga puso natin. Madaming problema sa buhay." She laughed softly. She looked up, held my face with both hands and kissed me passionately.

I leaned forward as I go on top of her. We kissed wildly, moaning loudly in between our out-of-breathes as we make out to our hearts content. I carried my weight on my hands by her side while she control our face's movements.

After a while, my lips parted hers but she continue to bite softly my lower lip. "I love you," she said softly as she giggled. I smiled and kissed her and bite her lower lip back. "Mahal din kita," I replied.

I lied down beside her as she cuddled me. I hugged her tight.

I may not be sure because of my doubts, but I am sure of my heart for you.

--