"Foreknowledge"

A/N. 3/3! Can you believe it? Naka-tatlo ako today! Yay! xD Based on my list, this is one of the last few chapters so thank you for the continued support! J

PS. Don't ask me how many work I've finished today though. T_________T xD

Digong's POV

Malacanang Palace, Manila

It's been a month since the Batangas incident. I ordered total news black out. I ordered comprehensive investigation on who's behind the fiasco even though we already have an idea this could happen. Earlier tonight, a report came that they found a severely bruised body near a hospital, a few kilometers from the church. It was so bruised people had a hard time identifying the person. Some of the villagers reported that his cuts were too many, some of which were already swollen – from head to foot.

"Dumating na ba ung doctor's report dun sa –"

"Yes mayor. It's a bit weird though," Bong gave me the report. I looked at it. I looked at him.

"Fire ants?"

"Opo, tinali po siya sa isang puno, tapos pinakagat siya sa mga langgam."

We looked at each other. We laughed.

"Seryoso?"

"Opo mayor. Siguro kaya ung ibang sugat niya e ganun na, isang buwan nang hindi nagamot e,"

"Pati sa ano nya?" I looked closely at the picture.

"Opo."

"Matindi 'tong gumawa nito. Buti buhay pa 'tong mokong na 'to."

We laughed again. "How's he?"

"Ok na po siya, actually mayor, he wanted to talk to you later this afternoon. He wouldn't say a thing to anyone."

"Sige sige, I'll talk to him. Na-trace niyo na yung kotse, kung kanino?"

"Yes po."

"And?"

"Mayor,"

"Hmm?"

"May fingerprints po ni Sir Moises yung steering wheel."

--

Undisclosed location – Hospital

I was ushered inside an ICU room. The man on the bed is wrapped in bandages so much that he looked like Michelin's mascot. I peered over his face to let him know I'm here.

"Sir, how are you?"

"Mr. Pres," he struggled to speak.

"Mayor nalang, do not bother much. Can you speak? I'll adjust to you,"

"I'll tell you everything, Sir. Basta dalawa lang tayo,"

I looked at my PSG and no one bulged. I sighed. One of my close-in whispered to me something and gave me my Desert Eagle. I nodded. They left but just outside the room.

I put ammo in my gun. I heard the man groan.

"Sir, I will not hurt you."

"I know, but I have to protect myself just in case you do. I will not hurt you, don't worry."

"I trust you Sir,"

"I trust you too," I told the man as I sat closely to him. "Who did this to you?"

"Robredo. Jesse Robredo."

"That man's dead 6 years now."

"I'm telling the truth! I saw his face! He knew me!" the man struggled to shout.