"Meet me in Calabanga"

Jesse PoV

Manila Private House, BGC

"Sec Espinosa, ano, pumayag na ba si Leni na maging VP mo?"

I am meeting Grace again. It seems that she is watching my every political move. 

"Di pa nga e,"

"Naku, e kami nga andito na, ayaw mo parin pansinin pero siya - ano bang meron Sec?"

"Wala,"

"Common, nagtalo kayo ni Presidente sa media about it, pero wala? Come clean." She teased.

I laughed. "Wala. It's just a play to make things more interesting."

She eyed me suspiciously and laughed. "Well, if you say so. Nga pala, I would like to invite you sa Calabanga, Camarines Sur. Pupunta kami to do some pulsing, if your schedule permits lang naman.

"Calabanga? Anong meron dun?" 

"Pulsing. Kung puwede ka lang naman."

I eyed her. "Seriously, Calabanga? Ilan ba voters dun?"

"Sec, you can say no to that. Anyway, just let me know if G ka," she said as she kissed my cheek before she left.

--

I was stunned for a few seconds and started feeling suspicious. Why not Naga, bakit sa Calabanga pa? I checked my phone for the first time in days - I still could not get over the President's "stepping down" statement that I haven't talked to him about it. I saw in my news feed that the Vice President will be in CamSur the same date when I will be in Calabanga. I thought this is my chance to talk to her. 

I gave Grace the call she wanted.

--

DILG-NAPOLCOM, HQ

The news outlets picked up the fact that I'll be going to Calabanga with Grace and some others and reported it. I was surprised when I received a message from the Vice President moments later confirming to me that she'll indeed be in CamSur the same day and surprise! - wanted to talk to me. (M: Moises, L: Leni)

M: "Let's meet,"

L: "I'll let you know kapag free na ang schedule ko, Sec."

M:"Will I go there in Naga? -

 - or will you meet me in Calabanga?"

--

As I am on my way to Calabanga, I received an unexpected message from the OP - the President will be in Naga on the same day Leni will be on Naga, and I in Calabanga. "He will be visiting some WIAs and give them awards", said his communication bureau. I laugh to myself at this "coordination" and just shake my head. Magkaroon pa kaya ng free schedule si Madam? I amusedly ask myself when I received a message from an unknown number.

"Meet me in Calabanga."

I read the message 3 times and thought about Grace, then Leni. I'm really feeling suspicious of all these coincidences. I started typing a message for the President when he called me.

"Mr. President?"

"Moises, nasa Calabanga ka na ba?"

"What the hell is going on -" I wondered how the hell he knew.

"You should be the one telling me what is going on. Meet Leni in Naga, wag doon sa ano -."

"Bakit sir?"

"Do you have any other agenda there?"

I remember I haven't told him about my conversation with Grace.