"Sonnet 87"

A/N: 2nd. to. the. last. chapter! 

Let's do this! 

--

Leni PoV

Naga City, Camarines Sur

The President will visit today - though I'm not sure if it's the outgoing one or the incoming President, but a part of me is wishing it's the outgoing one.

I cleaned the house and prepared some meals. I was told he'll arrive before lunch.

By 10 in the morning, a swarm of security were already around our house and I was told he's here. I walked out of the house to meet him.

I noticed that the PSG were different than the usual. I still hoped that it will be Rody though.

"Good morning Mr. President," I greeted him as he opened his door. 

A man in sunglasses stepped out into the lawn.

--

I hold my smile as I extended my hand to the President. Since I could not see his eyes, I'm not sure of his reaction. He extended his hand to shake mine.

"Pasensya na sa abala, Ma'am Leni. Thank you for welcoming me."

"Of course sir, no problem."

--

This is not the first time I've invited Moises into our house. This is not the first time we talked but for some reason, he felt like a stranger to me. I know I've forgiven him about Grace but I cannot seem to forget about it. I was jealous and insecure and I could not understand why he had to choose her over me. Suddenly, he became distant. 

"I remember when you last came here," I told him.

"When I asked you if puwede kang ligawan?"

I laughed at the thought. "Parang ang tagal na pala, sir."

"Yeah, I agree. What happened since then?"

"Priorities change..decisions are made.." I tell him as I look at my teacup. I can feel him staring at me. I sighed. "To be honest, Mr. President, I thought it's the former President who will visit me." I manage to break the silence with a joke. We both laughed.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you, Ma'am Vice."

"Okay lang naman, I was thinking you're busy with your preparation so di ko inexpect na ikaw pala sir."

"Leni, it's okay to tell me that you do not want to see me kasi wala ka naman nang magagwa at andito na ako."

I smiled at him. "Di naman po sa ganun. Have you visited the museum of my husband? I can be your tour guide for today."

"I'd love to have a tour guide like you."

--

Jesse PoV

Jesse Robredo Museum, Naga City

Painful. 

For some reason, every word said, every step taken is painful. I can feel the awkwardness, the uneasiness in every movement, in every forced smile. I know I should not care anymore pero iba pala kapag nasa harapan mo na ang katotohanan - Digong was right all along and until now, he's still helping us patch things up.

She toured me around my museum. I listen to her occasional comments but I just look at her face and reactions. I wanted to apologize but I do not know how and if she'll forgive me. When we pass by our wedding picture, she covered it while laughing softly. I just smiled and tried to recall those times. I look at her look at my pictures with tenderness. I felt like I'm a different person whenever she talks about her memories with her husband.