"Thinking of You"

Jesse's POV

Quezon City Reception House, Quezon City

The President endorsed me to the Cabinet Secretary to help an "agency" on certain issues they need assistance so I obliged. To my utmost surprise, that agency was the Office of the Vice President. They wanted someone from DILG to explain certain issues to their staff and as guest to the radio program of the Vice President.

I do not know why The President did this, maybe he really wanted me to see my wife. I waited at one of the holding areas of her office as I look around.

I felt like a stranger to this woman. I know and am sure that I love her but there is something missing amidst all this. I heard soft steps behind me.

"Mr. Espinosa?"

I turned around. She was wearing a beautiful pink, wrap dress and nude heels. I tried my best to keep my composure.

"Ma'am Vice President. Nice to meet you." I shook her hand.

"Have a seat sir. Can I offer you anything? Water, tea, coffee - we have various kinds," I smiled at her. She blushed a bit.

"Coffee. Black. Is it ok if I keep my sunglasses on, Ma'am? I have sore eyes."

"Sure, no problem." She smiled. I gulped. I felt like I was looking at a completely different person. She definitely looked younger compared to the last time I saw her. And more beautiful.

We talked about the things we can talk about in her radio program. I tried my best to talk naturally and not be distracted but she is looking at me intently.

"Ma'am, baka naman matunaw ako nyan," I joked.

She laughed. "Naku sir, gusto ko lang kasi maintindihan ng mabuti yung sinasabi niyo."

"Di ka nagbago. Still attentive as ever." I murmured.

"Sir?"

"Ha? Wala, I said you're very beautiful ma'am,"

She laughed again. "Kayo sir ha, hindi po." I saw her blush. I wanted to hug and kiss her. But. I. Can't. Eyes on the goal, Jesse.

"May naalala tuloy ako sa'yo sir."

"Sa akin?" I suddenly felt a sharp pang in my chest. She remembered him.

"Opo. Pero wala lang po yun, mahilig lang din po kasi siya magbiro." She smiled to herself.

I looked at her. I have mixed emotions. She looks so in love with him. I felt jealous but at the same time indifferent. I think of the threat against her. I feel angry, sad, jealous, insecure, happy, worried. I clenched my fist hard then relax again. I took a deep breath. She looked at me.

"Ok lang kayo sir?" She looked worried.

"Yes mam, sorry. If I may ask, who did you remember?"

She blushed as she looked at her fingers. I see her ring. Our ring.

She looked at me. "My husband."

--

Leni's POV

Quezon City Reception House, Quezon City

For some reason, I easily felt at ease with Mr. Espinosa. The way he talk, the way he bring himself - he reminds me of my husband. However, he looked mysterious, reserved and aloof. I was surprised when he complimented me. I remembered Jesse all of a sudden.

He looked at me for a while after I said that I remember my husband. I felt a bit nervous as I cannot see his eyes and he is not smiling. After a while, he slowly stood up and offered his hand.

"Thank you for the time Ma'am Vice President. I'll see you again on Sunday."

I shook his hand. "Thank you din, Sec. It's nice meeting you."

He held my hand longer than usual. I blinked. He suddenly pulled me closer to him that I fell off balance and held his shoulders for support. "Sorry!" I exclaimed as I straighten up. He held both my hands and kissed me in the lips. I was surprised and shocked. His hands led my hands to his nape as he engage me to kiss him back. I felt his hands go down to my hips as he softly pulled me towards him.

For some reason, I kiss back. His lips felt and taste familiar. His sun glasses hit me a bit so when I felt that we are starting to be more passionate, I tried to remove it. But instantly, he pulled away.

"Sorry Ma'am," he said, adjusting his glasses.

I looked at him and suddenly felt embarrassed. "Sorry din sir."

"Wala kang kasalanan ma'am. It's me. I got carried away." He bowed his head.

My body felt unusually warm. "I got carried away din sir. Sorry po."

"Single ka naman ma'am di ba? Di naman siguro ako mumultuhin ng asawa mo no?" He suddenly said.

I looked at him and smiled a little as I felt fresh tears form in my eyes.

"Wag ka umiyak ma'am," He said as he approached me again and wiped my tears. I smiled.

"Thank you sir. Nakakahiya po." I felt ashamed big time.

"Wala yun. Kalimutan na natin yung nangyari. I'll see you on Sunday Ma'am?"

I softly wiped the residue of my tears. "Yes sir. Thank you po."

He tapped my shoulder as he walked away.

Who is he and why do I feel this way towards him?

--