Chapter Five

It was Sunday, and Adaline was asleep on a make shift bed on Evelyn's floor. They had gone to the party the night before and decided to just stay at Evelyn's. They woke up, groaning clearly having a slight hangover.

A hour later, Adaline was back home again after having a lovely breakfast at Evelyn's and being made to drink some disgusting hangover cure by Evelyn's mum. Adaline jumped in the shower and tried to wake herself up, before getting ready.

Jack had promised to take her for more driving lessons today to help her, she didn't mind hanging out with him, it sometimes just got a little awkward between them considering how Jack felt towards Adaline and how unintentionally he made his feelings obvious.

It was 10:50am and Adaline just finished up getting ready as she had slept in a little more that morning, considering the late night before. Jack was collecting her at 11 and knowing him, he would be at her house early so she needed to make sure she was ready in time.

Just as she sat back down onto her bed to read her book a little more, a car horn beeped outside her house and she hopped off her bed and over to the window glancing down to see Jack had pulled up onto her drive.

She smiled down to him as he opened the door and stood out onto the drive before making her way downstairs. Adaline's parents were at work in a meeting for most of the day so she was home alone for the day once again.

She rushed to the door and opened it to see Jack stood cheerfully waiting for her. He glanced at her thinking about how beautiful she was. She was wearing a floral off the shoulder top along with her white skirt, however wearing her white converse this time instead of her signature black ones.

Adaline noticed Jack staring and coughed making his view dart back up to meet her eyes.

"Shall we go?" she asked leaning over to the coat rack and pulling her shoulder bag off before slinging it onto one shoulder.

"Sure" Jack replied and they made their way down the steps of her porch and over to his blue polo.

Adaline got into the drivers seat and let out a deep breath as she gripped her perfectly manicured nails around the steering wheel. Jack climbed into the passengers seat and turned to face Adaline ready to help her start.

"Okay, so you already know how to start right?" Jack asked and Adaline nodded, she had managed to teach herself most things so far but she just needed a little help with a few tiny things she couldn't quite get right.

Adaline started up the car and began to drive down the road slowly, she squealed with excitement that she was actually managing to do it. Normally by now the car would splutter and die but instead the engine was still going.

"I'm doing it!" Adeline squealed with joy as she drove down the straight road managing to control the wheel.

"Yes you are!" Jack replied smiling like a proud father, knowing that he managed to help Adeline and seeing the happiness and excitement on her face was all worth it.

They drove around for a few more hours, Jack helped Adeline to practice a few more things before they finally made their way back to her house.

They stopped off outside and let the engine die, as Adeline sat back into the chair placing her hands down onto her lap with relief.

"I can't believe I actually managed to do that" Adaline said letting out a small laugh overwhelmed by the fact she could properly drive now.

Jack just sat across gazing at her, as she leant back holding her hands up to her face being overfilled with happiness. She smiled before turning to face Jack noticing him staring.

"Jack, what is it?" Adeline questioned.

"What? N-nothing" he blurted blinking quickly looking away from Adeline obviously noticing she had seen him gazing.

Adaline just let out a small laugh, which made Jack turn back confused on what she thought was so funny.

"What's so funny?" he asked, his eyebrow raising genetically just like his mothers did.

"You get so shy sometimes. It's strange seeing you act that way that's all" Adaline admits.

"Yes well I hardly ever get like this" Jack adds on, making Adaline become intrigued.

"Well..why do you?" she asks.

"It's normally only when I'm around you to be honest.." Jack admits looking towards Adaline who now turns and catches eyes with him.

"Oh..why-why do you get nervous around me?" she asked softly beginning to get nervous as she tucks a strand of hair behind her ear yet again.

Signature move, Jack unfortunately knew why she did this as he had caught on to the reoccurrences of this move times before.

"Well..I don't know if you've noticed but I've had a huge crush on you for a year now" Jack says laughing thinking about how she could be so naive about it unaware she's always known.

"Oh..I see" Adaline says not really knowing what to say anymore.

The tension fills the car and just then Jack begins to move closer and Adaline knows what he is about to do. Her breath hitches as he closes his eyes and leans closer and she panics not knowing what to do.

She liked Jack very much, but only as a good friend. She didn't see him in the boyfriend way and could never imagine herself with him, she never actually told him this as she didn't want to hurt his feelings so instead she just stayed quiet.

He leaned closer and was inches away from her now, but just as their lips were about to touch...

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Other books:
Until The End
Unpredicted Love
Love That Hurts
Who Are We Fooling

Follow my Instagram linked in my bio, to be updated whenever I post a new chapter or need your guys's advice on something 🖤