Chapter Fifty Three

Noah tucked Lily into her bed, like their usual night time routine before switching off her lamp and getting up to leave her room.

"Daddy.." Lily spoke softly and Noah turned round to see his daughter, appearing to not actually be asleep.

"Yes, sweetie" Noah whispered.

"Could you read me a bedtime story" Lily asked pleadingly knowing forewell her father couldn't say no to her puppy dog eyes.

"alright, but just one and then do you promise me you will go to sleep" Noah states and Lily nods.

"I promise" she whispers as Noah turns the lamp back on and goes to grab a book from the shelf.

"no..could you tell me the story about you and mummy again" Lily exclaims and Noah sits back to face Lily and smiles.

"Of course darling" he replies before he sits comfortably on the edge of her bed and Lily cuddles herself into the duvet, ready to listen to her favourite story.

"Okay, once upon a time there was a beautiful young princess named Adaline. Adaline met a young prince named Noah while she was staying at her Aunt and Uncles castle. Adaline and Noah did not like each other at first and did not get along to begin with. But as time went on, Adaline grew to like Noah and eventually they both fell in love with one another. Noah and Adaline got older and started a life together, they got their own castle and eventually Adaline feel pregnant with a beautiful little baby girl. Noah and Adaline didn't know at the beginning, but this baby was going to be the most beautiful little girl in all the lands. She would have bright blue eyes which sparkled and long locks of brown, wavy hair. Time went by and Adaline finally gave birth to their beautiful baby girl, Princess Lily. But sadly the beautiful Princess Adaline could not stay in this land as she was needed in the fairy world to help with the other fairies who were in trouble. So Princess Adaline went up to heaven to be with the fairies. It was okay though because Princess Lily was not alone, she had her handsome father Prince Noah to care for her and together they ruled over the kingdom. Although Princess Lily was sad her mother could not be with her, she was happy she was up above helping and caring for others and one day, Lily and Noah would be reunited with her.....the end" Noah told before he noticed Lily's eyelids flutter shut and slowly she fell back to sleep.

Noah had told Lily this story every since she was born, every night he would stay by her and read her to sleep. She had always wondered where her mother was, so Noah had decided to make up a story to explain where she was and why she wasn't around anymore.

Lily had understood why her mother could not be here and was okay with the fact she was helping people up above.

Noah kissed Lily's forehead before he turned out her lamp and slowly creeped out of her room, slowly closing the door a little.

He then walked over to his room and sighed as he got into his bed, feeling the cold empty side where Adaline used to sleep.

The nights were the hardest for Noah, unaware once Lily was asleep was when Noah would show any signs of sadness. He didn't like to be sad around Lily, and always tried to show her that it was okay and that they were happy.

But once he got into that gloomy, empty feeling room all the emotions took over and he cried to himself until he eventually would fall asleep.

There was just this constant ache in his chest, which would always remind him of what he had lost and how he would never be able to fill that hole again. Lily had managed to fill some, but there was still a little crack which was unable to be filled anymore.

The years had gone by and yet it still felt like Adaline had only just been lost to Noah. Him and Lily had managed to grow and shape a life for themselves but they were broken, aching inside with the pain of the loss of someone so close to them.

But they were managing, they were getting through the hard times and finally starting to feel happiness again.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Other books:
Until The End
Unpredicted Love
Love That Hurts
Who Are We Fooling

Follow my Instagram linked in my bio, to be updated whenever I post a new chapter or need your guys's advice on something 🖤