Chapter Nineteen

Adaline couldn't bare to watch them anymore so she got up to leave. Without even saying anything she began to walk off leaving. Charlotte stayed sat before she realised and quickly rushed, getting up and quickly paying.

"Adaline Wait!" Charlotte shouted after Adaline.

Noah heard the commotion and turned to see Adaline stare at him with despair before she turned shaking her head and ran off out of the food hall. Charlotte quickly paid before chasing after her, and Noah sat with the girl suddenly feeling guilt for what he'd done and desperately wanted to rush after her but knew he couldn't so instead he turned back to the girl and smiled rubbing at her hand.

............

Later on that evening, Adaline had stayed in her room the rest of the day reading her book. She didn't want to have to speak to anyone so as soon as she ran back through the door she just went straight up to her room, Aunt Carol had noticed her rush past but decided to wait a while before going to see if she was okay.

Charlotte had managed to race after her and came home a while later but decided to leave her be, after peeking through the crack in the half open door and seeing Adaline sat on the window seat, her book in her lap gazing out of the window with her head rested in her hand.

There was a knock at the door, Adaline turned away from the window and noticed her Aunt stood with her hand resting on the door frame.

"Can I come in?" she asked softly and Adaline nodded.

Aunt Carol sat down next to Adaline pulling her over and Adaline rested her head down on Aunt Carols shoulder. Aunt Carol then placed her hand onto Adaline's head and brushed her hair comfortingly.

"Tell me what's the matter dear" Aunt Carol said peering down at Adaline who had her head rested on her shoulder and she sighed.

"It's not important, it's stupid" Adaline exclaimed and Aunt Carol laughed.

"Come on tell me what's wrong, you wouldn't of rushed up the stairs crying if it wasn't now would you?" Aunt Carol added.

"Have you ever felt like your heart has broken into like a million pieces before?" Adaline said sitting up from Aunt Carol and back before crossing her legs and staring across to her.

"I'm sorry dear?" Aunt Carol shot back clearly shocked by her sudden response.

"Have you ever had your chest feel like it's collapsed?" Adaline added.

"Well yes, more times than enough" Aunt Carol exclaimed thinking back to her younger days.

"How do you stop it? You know, from hurting?" Adaline said sighing.

"Depends on what is hurting it dear? By any chance would this be about that boy Noah? I noticed you guys have become very close over the past week or so" Aunt Carol replied clearly realising what this was all suddenly about.

"Look Adaline, you're going to go through your life having your heart broken many times. I'd say too many..but eventually you will find that special someone. It may feel like that isn't going to happen but it will, I doubt Noah meant to hurt you this way and I'm sure if he saw you right now he'd come rushing to your side" Aunt Carol went on to say.

Adaline just sat back leaning against the wall, her legs crossed and her hands in her lap. She sniffed as she wiped at her eyes listening carefully to what Aunt Carol was saying. She was right, whatever was happening with Noah was only temporary. She had completely forgotton but in a few more weeks she'd be going back home, and doubting she'd ever see him again. It was unlikely her parents would come and visit again unless they went on another business trip that was but she knew it couldn't work.

"Thank you Aunt Carol" Adaline said giving her a small smile as she leant over to hug her.

"It's no problem dear, now you get yourself cleaned up before you come down for dinner" she replied smiling as she gently wiped at Adaline's mascara stains under her puffy eyes.

"Okay" Adaline replied.

She walked into the bathroom as she picked up some makeup wipes and began to rub at the mascara stains under her eye. She sighed thinking about how much of an idiot she felt for getting this way, why was she getting like this over a boy. Not just any boy but Noah, why did he make her feel this way.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Other books:
Until The End
Unpredicted Love
Love That Hurts
Who Are We Fooling

Follow my Instagram linked in my bio, to be updated whenever I post a new chapter or need your guys's advice on something 🖤