Chapter Thirty Eight

Adaline groaned as she held herself against the counter and felt herself go a little light headed.

"Ohh" she moaned as she steadied herself.

"Everything alright Ads?" Noah questioned worriedly as she tried to regain her strength.

"Yes, yes I'm fine" Adaline lied as she regained her standing position and shot Noah a fake smile.

Noah just stood his arms crossed, not entirely believing her.

"So what was that then?" Noah replied back as he raised his eyebrow.

Adaline turned away not facing him as she clasped a glass out of the cabinet and poured herself a glass of water.

"I'm probably just dehydrated that's all, I haven't drank or eaten anything today yet" Adaline shot back as she turned round and leant against the kitchen top, clinking the glass against her teeth before taking a sip of the cold water.

"But you had that bagel I made you this morning?" Noah questioned.

Adaline knew forewell she hadn't had that bagel that morning, as while Noah was downstairs emptying a few more boxes she had actually taken a bite of the bagel and within moments felt the urge to vomit and raced to the bathroom.

"No..no I didn't eat that" Adaline replied quietly, not really wanting to get into depth about it with Noah.

"What do you mean you didn't eat it?" Noah asked confused.

"It doesn't matter.." Adaline muttered back.

"It doesn't matter? What? Wait you haven't started to starve yourself have you? Adaline your body is perfectly fine you have no reason to feel the need to do that it's so unhealthy and bad for you-" Noah began to say but Adaline spun round stopping him.

"Noah! I- I im not trying to starve myself!" Adaline shouted, shocked he would even think she would consider doing that.

"Well..good" Noah replied unsure of what to say now.

"The reason I didn't eat it was because..well as soon as I took a bite I suddenly felt sick and I threw up okay?" Adaline stated.

"You threw up?"

"Yes, I threw up. I have no idea why, maybe I'm coming down with something.." Adaline added.

"Well we better get you a doctors appointment then, I'll take you after work today" Noah replied.

"..Maybe I should just stay home" Adaline muttered.

"No, you've got to go to work, I said I'll take you once we both finish work" Noah ordered.

"Noah? I just threw up with no explanation and I can barely stand without feeling faint how am I supposed to go into work?" Adaline said raising her voice a little.

"We need the money Adaline! We can't be missing work, we need the money to pay for the house and insurance!" Noah said beginning to get annoyed.

"What so money is more important then my health now?!" Adaline shouted.

"No! I didn't say that, I'm just saying we can't be missing work!" Noah shouted back.

"Noah! You always say how you get so much more money from your job then me I may as well not even work, so why now does it matter?" Adaline shot back as she crossed her arms.

"Because we could use all the money we can get with all these unbelievable dreams you keep going on about us doing!" Noah shouted back as he raised his hands in the air.

"Unbelievable dreams?! Well I'm sorry for thinking ahead! All you care about is your stupid career!" Adaline shouted back.

"You know what, you've always been like this! Full of dreams and in over your head! Stop dreaming about these things and actually help me if you so badly want to achieve them!" Noah shouted back as he threw his arms up in the air in frustration.