Chapter Forty Four

He stopped as he stared over and saw Adaline laying on the bed. She turned and noticed Noah stood over by the door and a smile grew across her face.

She felt the tears overtake her as they began to roll down her cheek and Noah slowly began to walk over, waiting for her to tell him the news.

"She's okay..she's okay" Adaline cried and Noah rushed across and over to Adaline grabbing around her and hugging her tightly.

"Oh thank god.." he gasped as he sniffed into her arm feeling relief.

"I'll leave you two alone a minute" the nurse said as she and the others made their way out, quietly leaving Adaline and Noah alone.

"I was so scared when they- they took me into the scan and I was so worried the whole time I didn't know...I didn't think she was going to make it" Adaline began to cry and Noah hugged around her again.

"It's okay..it's okay she's okay now" Noah said as he rubbed her back.

........

Later that day after a few more tests Adaline was allowed to go back home. She only had a few more weeks left until the babies due date and her bump was growing more and more everyday.

That night Noah and Adaline fell asleep feeling relief that their baby was now okay and there was nothing to worry about anymore.

........

The next morning, the sun glistened through the curtains as Adaline opened her eyes slightly beginning to wake up. She turned over to cuddle round Noah but noticed his side was empty and all was left was the white sheets from where he had been lying.

Adaline opened her eyes properly realizing he was gone and decided to get up and see where he was.

She hobbled down the stairs and noticed that the house was surprisingly quiet.

"Noah?" Adaline asked out as she scanned the rooms to see where he could be.

Just then she spotted out of the patio door in the living room and noticed Noah outside gardening.

She sighed as she watched him walking around their cute little garden mowing the lawn.

She hobbled over to the door and leant against it as she watched him, smiling. More and more everyday she was beginning to get used to living with Noah and began to feel like they were a real family now.

She peered down and rubbed around her belly as she noticed the fact she couldn't actually see her feet anymore because of how big her bump had gotten.

"Oh Ads, I didn't know you'd woken. I decided to leave you to sleep in a little longer considering how tired this little one is making you now" Noah said as he turned off the lawn mower and walked over to Adaline, who was stood by the patio door.

"I see you've finally decided to sort the garden out" Adaline teased as she pecked him on the lips and he held around her bump.

"Yes, how do you think it looks?" Noah asked back as he turned and they gazed at the beautiful little garden.

He had cut the grass neatly and the flowerbeds along one side of the fence were neatly placed with pink, blue and yellow flowers picked out by Adaline.

Over in the back were a few trees cowering over and shadowing parts of the garden while the other parts were shone on by the bright sun.

In the back corner was a little pond with a few tiny fish in and some Lilly pads.

"I love it" Adaline replied back as she focused her view onto Noah once again, gazing deep into his eyes.

"Good" Noah replied as he wrapped his hands around Adaline's waist and pulled her in slightly.

"How about we get dressed for the day? And maybe sit out in a new little garden?" Noah added and Adaline nodded.

"Okay" Adaline said as she smiled back.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Other books:
Until The End
Unpredicted Love
Love That Hurts
Who Are We Fooling

Follow my Instagram linked in my bio, to be updated whenever I post a new chapter or need your guys's advice on something 🖤