Chapter Fifty Seven

She gasped and laughed as she stared around at all the familiar faces she hadn't seen in a while and cried a little more.

Everyone came round hugging her one by one and catching up, but that was not all.

Noah hurried back out from inside the house and holding something behind his back got everyone's attention once again.

"Now, I understand this surprise has been lovely but this is not all. There is also another part left to do.." Noah said as he turned and two men pushed a makeshift stage around from the side of the house and into the middle of the grass.

Lily gasped feeling shocked that so many surprises were happening again.

"And..I believe this is for you" Noah exclaimed as he brought his hands from behind his back and passed Lily her ballet pumps, leotard and tutu.

Lily smiled as she clasped them in her hands before rushing inside to get changed.

A moment later she came out and noticed everyone sat down on chairs and she walked over.

Noah helped her up onto the stage before helping her get positioned ready to perform her solo ballet piece to everyone once again.

Lily got up onto the stage and began to perform her solo piece once again. Her family sat in awe as they watched her twirling round on the stage, a huge smile spread across her face.

Her family clapped and cheered as she spun round and pirouetted along the stage, rhymatically.

"Isn't she just wonderful" Lily's grandmother said to her grand Nan who was sat alongside her.

"Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if she became a profession ballerina when she is older" Lily's grand Nan replied back not taking her eyes off of Lily who was still spinning around the stage.

......

Later on that evening, the family stayed and they had a big family meal. In a few days time it would be Lily's birthday and she would be 8 so the family were celebrating for that as well.

"I can't believe how grown up you've gotten Lils" Great Aunt Madeline said.

"I know right, it's like this little one gets bigger everyday" Noah stated as he placed his arm around Lily and rubbed her arm up and down, giving her a small smile.

"So, do you have any plans for your birthday Lily?" Uncle Sam asked.

"Uhm, i think me and daddy are going up see Great Aunt Carol and my second cousins Charlotte and Oliver" Lily replied.

"Oh really, well how lovely you enjoy Devonarch I heard it's very lovely down there" Aunt Elizabeth added on.

"We will thank you" Noah smiled before he rubbed Lily again.

........

Later once everyone had one by one descended from the garden and went home. Lily and Noah were left, clearing up the plates from the dinner.

"So, did you enjoy yourself today?" Noah asked as he stood by the sink, scrubbing at a plate.

Lily stood alongside him, having to stand on a little foot stool as she was quite little for her age.

"Yes, thank you so much Daddy it was amazing" Lily smiled as she rubbed at a plate and dried it down.

"You're welcome sweetie, again I want to apologize for missing your recital I'm ever so sorry" Noah sighed before handing a plate covered in soap suds to Lily.

"It's okay, I know you tried your hardest to be there and at least you didn't miss all of the show.." Lily replied before stepping down from the foot stool.

"Hey, next time I promise you I will be there from when they start setting up" Noah joked as he put the remaining plates back into the cupboard.

Lily just laughed at her fathers jokiness before they went upstairs to pack ready for the following day when they would be going down to Devonarch to stay.

It was getting much colder and closer to winter, so the temperatures outside were below 0 degrees and it had began to snow.

"Are we still going down to Great Aunt Carols?" Lily asked as she sat on the window seat and gazed out at the snow falling.

Noah stood back, his arms crossed and his stared out trying to figure out whether it would still be okay to go or not.

"Yeah, no it'll be fine it's only a little bit" Noah exclaimed.

Lily shot round, a huge smile on her face excitedly.

"Yay!" she cheered.

"Alright, it's getting late we need to finish packing ready for tomorrow morning" Noah commanded.

"Okay" Lily sighed as she climbed off of the window seat and over to where Noah was sat on the edge of the bed where two suitcases laid half full.

Noah and Lily continued to pack their bags ready for their stay away at Great Aunt Carols. The last time Noah had been was with Adaline  when she was heavily pregnant with Lily and now, they were going back again to see them however this time without Lily's mother.

"Lily, have you remembered to pack your socks?" Noah asked as he stood his back facing to Lily as he packed his own case.

"Lily." Noah stated before he spun round wondering why his daughter hadn't answered him.

He noticed Lily, collapsed onto the bed, her head and arm resting slightly on the suitcase she had been packing.

"Ah" Noah exclaimed before he walked round quietly and picked Lily up off of her awkward sleeping position and slowly carried her to her room.

He carefully placed her into her bed, luckily earlier they had already gotten into their pajamas so he didn't need to struggle around with that, before tucking her in.

He gently placed a kiss on her forehead, before turning the lamp out on the side and walked out.

He went back to his room before finishing up on things Lily had missed from packing after falling asleep before placing them in the corner of the room ready for tomorrow.

Before getting into bed and turning the light out, before drifting to sleep.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Other books:
Until The End
Unpredicted Love
Love That Hurts
Who Are We Fooling

Follow my Instagram linked in my bio, to be updated whenever I post a new chapter or need your guys's advice on something 🖤