Chapter Thirty Nine

"I'm-im pregnant" Adaline gasped as she felt her breath hitch at that final word. Saying it out loud finally made it feel so much more real then it already was.

She cupped her hand to her mouth as she cried, feeling the emotions take over and she slipped down by the side of the bathtub. Holding her knees up against her, she held the test in one hand and cupped her mouth in the other as she sobbed quietly.

................

"Okay...well basically a few weeks ago me- me and Noah we..we were at the stream and we...we you know.." Adaline added on awkwardly not wanting to share the exact words but Evelyn knew what she meant.

"Go on.." Evelyn said as she tightened her grip around Adaline's hands, getting slightly excited but also nervous.

Adaline after regaining herself earlier, had finally managed to pull herself together and decided to ring Evelyn. She knew she couldn't tell Noah just yet, but at least she could entrust in her best friend.

"And..after i started to get all these weird symptoms...and- and this morning I decided to take..a-a pregnancy test...because I didn't know whether-" Adaline went to say but Evelyn cut her off.

"Oh my fucking god you're pregnant!" She screamed as she bounced in her seat with joy.

"Shhhhh!" Adaline panicked and Evelyn calmed herself down slightly.

"Oh my god Adaline, this is- this is amazing! I'm so happy for you! You're going to have a baby and with Noah..Noah your...like soulmate!" Evelyn squealed getting more excited than Adaline was.

"Evelyn.." Adaline went to say.

"And- and oh my god and you can decorate your little house together and build the nursery..and and I can- oh my god I'm going to be the cool aunt! I'm going to be Aunt Evelyn!!" she squealed more getting too over excited.

"Evelyn no!" Adaline shouted now, getting frustrated.

Evelyn stopped and sunk back down into her seat, wondering why Adaline wasn't as excited as her.

"No..Look I've not even told Noah yet..he doesn't know and I don't know if he'll even want to have a baby with me..what if he doesn't want it? What if i tell him and he leaves me..." Adaline sighed feeling her eyes tear up again.

"Adaline look, I know you and Noah okay. I know how he feels about you and how unquestionably in love he is with you. I promise you he will want this baby with you and he will want to raise it with you and start a family. I have an instinct you know, I can tell he's always wanted to be with you" Evelyn replied back, teasingly at the ending.

"You really think so?" Adaline questioned back starting to feel the hopefulness from Evelyn that maybe he will want this baby with her.

"I do" Evelyn added back as she took Adaline's hands and squeezed them, smiling at her reassuringly.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Other books:
Until The End
Unpredicted Love
Love That Hurts
Who Are We Fooling

Follow my Instagram linked in my bio, to be updated whenever I post a new chapter or need your guys's advice on something 🖤