Chapter Sixteen

A moment later, Adaline clasped her hand into Noah's. She waited a moment to see what he would do, unsure of his reaction but he just kept her hand in his.

He turned away and smirked to himself before turning back and continuing to walk holding hands with Adaline as their arms swung as they walked along the dark road.

Eventually they found themselves outside of Aunt Carols farm house. They stopped outside on the road standing opposite one another.

"So will I ever see this fun side of you again?" Adaline said holding her hands together pleadingly.

"What do you mean?" Noah said laughing.

"This side, you know the one which goes horse back riding or goes on long walks with me?" Adaline added.

"You want to do this again?" Noah asked.

"Yeah, I find you quite interesting Noah" Adaline said emphasising his name just as he had done to hers the time before.

"Okay.." Noah said chuckling. "Well I find you quite interesting too Adaline" he added back copying her technique.

They just stood opposite one another for a moment silent before Adaline turned.

"Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow then?" she asked.

"We'll see" Noah shot back giving her a small smile.

Adaline stepped forward on her tippy toes before leaning up and pecking Noah on the cheek. She slowly fell back down flat onto her feet as their eyes met and they gazed at one another for a moment.

"Goodnight, Noah" she said as she turned and walked up the steps of the porch.

He so badly wanted to just pull her back and kiss her but he knew it was too soon, they barely knew each other that well and he didn't even know if she felt anything toward him yet probably not considering they hadn't known each other long. It was just something about her which he liked so much, maybe her enthusiasm or need for adventure. She was just so different to all the others girls he'd met before.

Pushing those thoughts away he instead just stood there with his hands in his pockets as he watched Adaline go inside. Turning back one more time to see him before shooting him a quick smile before closing the door.

Noah stood a moment before turning and beginning to walk back down the road towards his house.

He remembered Charlotte mentioning about Adaline staying at there's only for a few weeks before she would be going back home.

He knew he couldn't get attached to her as it would only end in heartbreak when she returned home. He knew he had to try and stay away from her and focus on someone else.

He so badly wanted to let this happen but he knew it couldn't, it would never work. And no matter how hard he wanted to try he stopped himself.

He sighed as he continued to stroll along the road carelessly back home, wishing things could be different.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Other books:
Until The End
Unpredicted Love
Love That Hurts
Who Are We Fooling

Follow my Instagram linked in my bio, to be updated whenever I post a new chapter or need your guys's advice on something 🖤