Chapter Twenty Nine

They sat and ate the delicious food and celebrated Oliver's birthday. The day had been going wonderfully until suddenly Aunt Carols phone rung.

"Hello? Oh hiya Julie. Yes, yes no she's fine. She's been a delight to have" Aunt Carol began to talk down the phone and Adaline looked over curious of why her mother was calling.

"Oh.." Aunt Carol suddenly said confusing Adaline.

"Uh, Yeah no of course I'll hand you over" Aunt Carol said putting a smile back on as she handed the phone to Adaline across the table.

"It's your mother; she would like to speak to you" Aunt Carol added.

Adaline nodded as she took the phone and held it to her ear, getting up from the table and walking along to the hallway by the rest room so she could hear probably and block out the noisy restaurant.

"Hello" Adaline said.

"Hello, sweetie it's your mother. How have you been?" Adaline's mother said from the other end of the phone.

"Good.." Adaline replied clearly feeling something was wrong.

"Good, so I wanted to speak to you" Adaline's mother said.

"Okay..what is it?" Adaline questioned back as she bit her lip worried.

"So, your father and I actually finished our business trip early so we're actually coming home today and..well we're just telling you because we're going to come collect you tomorrow" Adaline's mother said.

Adaline froze shocked by what they had just said, they were coming home early..they were coming home early. They were coming to get her tomorrow...tomorrow.

Panic went through her mind as she realised, they were going to come tomorrow and she would be going home..tomorrow. Noah was still away and wouldn't be back for another day. She wasn't going to be able to catch him before she left.

She thought she had a week left with him but now this was it, she was going to leave before she could even say goodbye.

"Wait what? Why- why early but I still have a week left?" Adaline snapped down the phone.

"Well..I thought you'd be happy dear I thought you hated it there, that's what you said in the other phone calls anyway" Adaline's mother questioned back confused on her sudden change of attitude.

"Yeah well I don't, and I want to stay here another week" Adaline exclaimed.

"Well I'm sorry dear but we have to come home today and we can't travel all the way home to come back for you, we have too many business meetings to attend once we are home, to be able to come and collect you" Adaline's mother explained.

"Well then I'll just stay here even longer until you can come get me" Adaline blurted back.

"Don't be silly, you've got school, you need to come home anyway" Adaline's mother said back beginning to become more annoyed now.

"But-" Adaline went to say but her mother cut her off.

"No buts Adaline, we are coming to collect you tomorrow and that's final. I don't want to hear it anymore. I can't keep arguing down the phone, we've got to go into one more meeting so I need to go. Be sure to be ready tomorrow when we arrive alright, goodbye sweetie I love you" Adaline's mother finally said.

"I love you too.." Adaline sighed replying quietly before the phone hung up as she slid back against the wall.

She couldn't believe it, she was going home tomorrow and there was nothing she could do. She wouldn't be able to see Noah and she'd have to leave without saying goodbye.

Adaline bit down on her lip as she walked back over and placed Aunt Carol her phone back as they all laughed at the table before she turned and walked out of the restaurant. She couldn't bare to sit around them; although it was her cousins birthday she couldn't deal sitting around them when she felt like crying.

Adaline sat outside on the bench as she stared up at the darkened sky. She thought back to different scenarios through her head of Noah just coming home earlier and running up to her, stopping her from going. She sighed knowing there was no way and he was still away for another day like normal.

She lent back staring at at the starry sky as she tried to remember all the good times she had, had with Noah over these past few weeks and tried to hold onto them ready for when she went back home tomorrow.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Other books:
Until The End
Unpredicted Love
Love That Hurts
Who Are We Fooling

Follow my Instagram linked in my bio, to be updated whenever I post a new chapter or need your guys's advice on something 🖤