Chapter Thirty One

The rain trickled down the window as Adaline napped, resting against the door. The thunder was rumbling and a sudden loud burst shook the car and woke her up. She shot awake and looked around wondering what was going on before she noticed her parents in front of her, her mother turned back.

"It was just thunder honey, nothing to worry about" she said smiling before turning back round to face the front.

Adaline let out a deep breath as she peered outside noticing them closing in towards her town and remembered what had gone on.

She sighed as she closed her eyes once again and tried to drain out the realization that she was nearly home and dream back to that day on the field with Noah.

.............

Oliver was upstairs napping as it was around 7pm. Charlotte was in her room drawing and Uncle Andrew was down by the barn sorting the animals inside ready for the storm. Aunt
Carol nervously stood by the window staring down the fields towards the farm as the wind howled outside and the rain heavily came down.

Noah sat on the table still watching out to her, knowing she was clearly worried about her husband. She didn't need to be, Noah thought to himself it was just another storm and there was nothing to worry about.

The wind grew stronger and thunder began to tumble down harder than before. Aunt Carol began pacing alongside the large window clearly getting impatient over her husbands return back up to the house for safety.

She waited a few moments before she turned back to Noah with determination in her eyes.

"That's it, he's taking too long I'm going down there to see if he's okay. Noah you stay here and watch Charlotte and Oliver for me and make sure they're okay I'll be back in a sec" Aunt Carol orders and Noah nodded although he knew he wouldn't be.

She grabbed her coat and boots and put them on before sliding out of the patio door and began to race down towards the barn to retrieve her husband.

Noah went upstairs and checked on both Oliver and Charlotte, Oliver had moved from his room and cuddled up with Charlotte in hers clearly startled by the storm.

Noah poked his head round and saw Charlotte sat with Oliver's head rested up on her lap as she read him a book although he had already fallen asleep by this point. She gave a small smile over to Noah, feeling upset that he had missed Adaline leaving before he turned and walked back downstairs.

He peered out of the misty window and saw the outlines of Aunt Carol and Uncle Andrew beginning to make their way up from the barn. He got up as he walked over to Aunt Carols phone and scrolled down to Julie Bowman and saw that they had given their address for when Aunt Carol would visit in a few months.

He quickly scribbled down the address and shoved it into the pocket of his jacket before rushing towards the back door of the house quickly to leave before they could stop him.

He walked out and along the field before beginning to run, he heard them shout.

"Noah? Noah! What are you doing Noah come back! Come back the storm! It's too dangerous come back!" Aunt Carol shouted as she began to run but Noah was already too far along.

She watched as he raced across the field and up to the fence before hopping under it and to his bike.

Aunt Carol began running up the field and Uncle Andrew raced back to the house to keep check on Charlotte and Oliver.

"Noah!" she shouted as she got closer to the road watching as Noah climbed onto the bike.

"Noah!" she shouted but it was too late, she watched as Noah rode off down the road slowly disappearing into the distance as he raced towards Adaline's town to reunite with her.

There was something he so desperately needed to tell her, something he never said back the first time she did. And he thought that maybe if he never did then she would move on and not know, that he wanted to be with her and he didn't want her to move on.

He knew now he had to say it before it was too late, he had no idea the next time he would see her and he didn't want her to move on before he could say the words he was so scared to say until now.

He drove down the windy road towards Windenburg frantically wanting to get to Adaline before it was too late.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Other books:
Until The End
Unpredicted Love
Love That Hurts
Who Are We Fooling

Follow my Instagram linked in my bio, to be updated whenever I post a new chapter or need your guys's advice on something 🖤