Chapter Forty One

"Adaline dear? What- what are you doing here? Where's Noah? What happened, why aren't you at your new house?" Adaline's mother asked, confused as Adaline stormed inside.

.......

Adaline explained everything to her mother and told her the big news. At first her mother was a little hesitant but eventually gave in and showed excitement towards having a granddaughter.

Adaline's father was at work but she knew he would be okay with it, he was a lot softer than her mother to persuade and please.

Adaline waited a day before going back to the house to collect the rest of her things. She got into the house and noticed it was empty so hoped this meant Noah was at work and she could peacefully grab a few more of her things to take back home.

"Adaline?" Noah said as he came across the hallway and noticed Adaline in the bedroom emptying drawers.

Adaline just ignored him and continued to collect her things and place them into a bag.

"Adaline, please..please come back to me. Please don't leave me, tell me what I've done..I need to know so I can fix it" Noah begged as he sat down on the bed while Adaline stood next to him still placing things into a bag, blanking him.

"Adaline! Don't ignore me, please talk to me! I can't lose you, I can't! I love you so much and I can't imagine my life without you!" Noah begged as he dropped down onto his knees and wrapped himself around her waist.

She stood still as he wrapped his arms around her waist and he stared up at her pleadingly and full of sorrow.

She stared down at him as she felt the tears prick at her eyes again.

"Noah, I thought you'd be the one person who would never hurt me. Someone who I would spend the rest of my life with, someone I would grow old with. But you've made it pretty clear that you don't want that" Adaline said as the tears began to roll down her face.

"Adaline no! I do want that with you! I want that more than anything. I want to have a family with you and grow old with you and have a future with you! It's you I want to spend the rest of my life with, no one else!" Noah gasped as she stood up from her and gripped his arms around her shoulders but she turned her head away, trying to blink the tears back.

"Adaline..I want to be with you forever. I never want to lose you, I don't know what I would do if I ever did. I cannot remember what it was like to not have you in my life and I never want to find out" Noah admitted and Adaline slowly turned her head back to face him.

She wanted to give in so badly but she knew she couldn't, it was pretty clearly he didn't want a baby with her right now, not after what he said last night. He would for sure leave her if she told him.

She bit down on her lip as she pushed all the feelings aside and brang herself to say the last thing.

"I'm sorry Noah, I can't..I can't be with you anymore" Adaline said as she tried to move away unclasping her hands from his.

But he held on tightly and wouldn't let her go.

"Adaline no, you don't mean that. You don't, you can't!" Noah pleaded, Adaline felt the tears stream down her cheeks and she let out a small laugh.

"You'll leave me..you'll leave me I know you will" Adaline said.

"Adaline, I will never leave you ever" Noah stated as he held her hands tightly.

She shook her head in disbelief as she laughed feeling it was all too real.

"You've already shown me you will" Adaline said with anger as the tears rolled down her cheeks.

"That doesn't change that fact that I- I don't know what I've done! I don't-" Noah shouted back now getting frustrated on what she was talking about.

But Adaline cut him off, whether it was the sudden boost of confidence or the moment but Adaline suddenly blurted it out. It's like all of sudden she didn't care what he thought or did anymore she just needed him to know, to understand why she was leaving him and why she had said the things she did.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Other books:
Until The End
Unpredicted Love
Love That Hurts
Who Are We Fooling

Follow my Instagram linked in my bio, to be updated whenever I post a new chapter or need your guys's advice on something 🖤