Chapter Eighteen

Just then Adaline noticed something across from them. Many people were walking past and sat around the water fountain but one person caught her eye.

She gazed over trying to focus her view to make sure she wasn't seeing things before she gasped dropping her fork down into her pasta.

Charlotte looked over to Adaline confused clearly surprised by her dropping her fork and her pasta splatting onto the table.

"Adaline?" she asked as she turned to see where Adaline was looking "Oh Adaline.." she said pity in her voice as she witnessed what had shocked Adaline enough to drop her fork.

Across from them by the water fountain sat Noah, and next to him was a girl. She laughed as they talked before he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

Just like Adaline's signature move.

She felt her chest tighten as she watched him before he leant in and kissed her.

She turned away, feeling her eyes begin to sting with tears before trying to blink them away.

He had taken her move and did it on another girl, he had done that to her and now he was doing it with another girl.

She felt her heart begin to ache and she felt so stupid to think anything could happen with them. She knew it was all an illusion and there was nothing there, she may of slightly felt something but he clearly did not. Otherwise he would not have his tongue down some other girls throat.

She sighed before picking up her fork and stabbing it into her pasta carelessly, resting her head in her hand.

"I'm so sorry Adaline, I can't believe he did that. He's a total jerk" Charlotte said softly trying to comfort Adaline.

She felt like a total fool, she hated him. Hated him for playing with her feelings, hated him for making her feel like there was something between them, hated him for being with someone else.

"It's fine, its not like there was anything between us anyway" Adaline snapped back as she stabbed her pasta a little harder clearly getting more annoyed.

"No! You're wrong! Okay Adaline, there was. There was something between you, I saw it. I saw the way he looked at you, the spark which was between you both. You can't tell me you don't feel anything towards him" Charlotte snapped back grabbing a hold of Adaline's hands and gripping them tightly.

Adaline moved her eyes to catch view with Charlottes who were piercing at her like knives.

"Okay fine, yes. Yes I did feel something...but that doesn't matter now. Clearly he didn't feel the same.." she said letting a deep sigh as she peered back over to where Noah was now laughing with the girl once again and holding her hands in his.

She bit down onto her lip trying to stop herself from crying as she watched the boy she was falling for helplessly, act completely oblivious to the fact.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Other books:
Until The End
Unpredicted Love
Love That Hurts
Who Are We Fooling

Follow my Instagram linked in my bio, to be updated whenever I post a new chapter or need your guys's advice on something 🖤