Chapter Forty Seven

A few months went by and Adaline's bump began to grow and eventually she started to show.

"Morning Ads, hows my little bump doing?" Noah asked as he turned round from flipping pancakes and lent down placing his hands around Adaline's bump.

"She's being a little monkey, she keeps kicking me" Adaline said as she laughed titling her head to the side and rested her hands behind her back for support as Noah rubbed her stomach.

"Oh she's such a little munchkin. My favourite little girl " he teased as he kissed her belly before getting back up.

"And how's my other favourite girl?" he said as he pecked Adaline on the lips.

"I'm okay, I felt a little nauseous this morning but I'm feeling a bit better now. I could actually do with five of those pancakes" Adaline joked as she slowly sat herself down onto the wooden chair.

"Good thing I've made plenty then" Noah added back as he turned round flipping one down onto a China plate and placing two plates down onto the table.

They sat down and ate as Adaline quickly ate the pancakes, clearly eating for two had an affect on the amount of food she ate.

.......

"So, shall we go for a walk after lunch?" Noah said as he began to clean up the plates.

"Okay, it'll be good to move around for a bit I'm tired of being stuck laying down with this huge thing" he said as she showed off her bump she had, the baby had began to grow more and more everyday.

"Remember you've got your next appointment today. Is Evelyn going with you again?" Noah asked as he scrubbed the dishes.

"Oh god I completely forgot about that! And no I want you to come this time" Adaline gasped as she sighed, her baby brain was getting worse everyday.

"Alright And it's okay, you've got me to help you" Noah joked as he finished washing up and walked back over.

"I don't know what I'd do without you" Adaline smiled up at Noah who now stood next to her.

"Neither would I, could you imagine you being left alone to fend for yourself. Utter travesty, you can barely walk" Noah teased back.

"Oh shut up, I may be pregnant but that doesn't mean I still can't kick your arse" Adaline shouted as she jokily hit Noah's arm.

"Oh really? I want to see you try and catch me first" Noah shouted back as he rushed out of the kitchen and to the living room.

"You're going to regret pissing off the pregnant woman!" Adaline shouted as she hobbled into the living room trying to tackle Noah.

He gently wrestled her onto the sofa as he knelt across from her holding her down.

Noah suddenly shot back from looking up at the clock and realising Adaline had her appointment before they rushed to leave.

"We need to get you to your appointment, rematch later?" Noah asked and Adaline laughed.

"You're on!" Adaline replied as she pecked Noah on the lips and they walked over to the door slipping her shoes on and grabbing her bag.

........

About an hour later, after sitting in the waiting room for ages Adaline was finally called in for her checkup.

The doctor rubbed the gel on her stomach and began moving the thing over her bump trying to listen for the baby.

The first few times, the heart beat was heard instantly and the baby was seen on the screen wriggling about but for some reason something was different.

The doctor looked at the screen, his brow raised as he moved the thing round more prominently. Adaline looked over wondering why he was suddenly struggling to find anything and began to panic.

Noah squeezed her hand as he too, watched the doctor wondering what was going on.

"Uh, everything alright doc?" Noah asked and the doctor paused a moment still moving the thing around.

"Yeah..I'm just having a hard time finding the heartbeat-I'm..I'm sure its nothing" the doctor replied and Adaline panicked.

"Is she okay? Oh god there's no heartbeat somethings happened to our baby Noah.." Adaline said as she began to cry.

"No, no Adaline no look the doctor said there's probably nothing to worry about, alright. Our babies going to be just fine" Noah replied trying to help Adaline stop panicking.

"We are just going to run a few tests to make sure, this happens quite often with young mothers and most of the time it's nothing at all" The doctor said as he packed up his things to go and get the other room ready for Adaline to have a CT scan.

"Most of the time? Oh god so there's a chance..." Adaline said as she covered her hand with her mouth.

"Adaline stop, look once we get these tests back we'll find out" Noah said squeezing Adaline's hand.

"Maybe this is a sign Noah..maybe this means we aren't ready" Adaline whispered to him as they sat waiting for Adaline to be taken down to the next room.

"No Adaline don't say that, we are ready okay. Maybe not a few months ago but we are now, we've prepared ourselves for this" Noah replied back.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Other books:
Until The End
Unpredicted Love
Love That Hurts
Who Are We Fooling

Follow my Instagram linked in my bio, to be updated whenever I post a new chapter or need your guys's advice on something 🖤