Chapter 14

Michael’s POV

The moment I woke up from my short nap I knew we were in trouble mostly because Eli was shouting orders to the others…

While they fight I think I'm going to continue my short ‘nap’ I honestly couldn't care less right now. I just wanted to sleep for a bit is that to much to ask?

I heave myself out of bed and quickly put my shoes on recluctantly.

“Michael. Up. NOW!” Eli shouts. Wow this girl can kiss and fight. Damn I’m lucky!

“I’m up!” I say running up to Eli and the others. I was about to ask what I should do to help but with a 50 foot monster leaning over the boat I think I know what to do. I pull out my gold sword and run up to the monster. Peri and I run up to it from opposite sides causing a distraction. We run and jump and fight as if we have done this for years. Because well we have. “Hey you big fat ass of a monster!” I yell.

“Seriously, you call yourself a monster?” Peri shouts causing the monster to look from side to side confused who to attack.

“Ahhhhhhhh!” Eli rushes up to the beast and effortlessly slices through it. It crumbles into gold dust and begins to reform but before it can Eli throws the golden dust in the ocean. She starts breathing heavily. 

“That should keep it busy for a while now go steer the ship and get us out of here before it reforms.” She commands me wiping sweat off her lightly tan forehead. “Where is Leo?” She asks getting mad. “And why didn’t he help us defeat the monster?” She starts pacing up and down the boat. 

Peri rolls her eyes as if this happens all the time. “Eli let’s not make this a big deal, Okay! It was barely a monster, just one of Gaia's toys! It literally took us 5 minutes to kill it!”  

“Where is he Peri? If he wants to continue on this quest with us he has to start pulling his own weight!”

“Fine...he’s in the engine room..”

“Why is he there!?” Eli screams storming into the engine room.

“Oh gods..” Peri facepalms herself. For once Eli is more dramatic than Peri.. 

“He’s a kid of Hephaestus, Why shouldn't he be there?” She rolls her eyes yet again.

“Wait?? What??” I say staring at Peri wide eyed.

“Uhh is everything okay?” Peri says looking shocked. Right.. she doesn’t know.. no one does…

“Nothing.”

“You sure everythings okay?” She presses, gods she’s annoying.

“Yeah!” I give her a half smile.

“Soooo you and Ellllliiiiiiii!” She changes the subject, “actually no she’s my sister, that’s gross.”

“Haha!” I laugh.

“Treat her right. I may be like Aphrodite but my father is the War god.” She suddenly threatens.

“Who are you? Her dad?”

“No. But we don’t have much of one. And I swear if you hurt her. I’ll hurt you.”

Sometimes silence is the best answer. This is one of these times.

“Are you guys, like you know a couple?” She asks.

“No.” I reply quickly.

“So you’re using my sister’s emotions. You know she has never had a boyfriend! She is beautiful and kind but she’s never had a boyfriend. She has never felt love! And you just using her, it's disgusting.” She yells dramatically at me.

“I care about your sister. A lot. But I don’t know if I’m ready for a relationship.. And before you go all Aphrodite Love Power, I just came out of something. And being with your sister might not end well for both of us.” I say quickly before she interrupt.

"Yeah sure, anyway I have to go save Leo before my sister does any permanent brain damage.” Peri says and then dismisses herself.

God. Those sisters are insane. They swing from emotion to emotion. I blame periods. And Glee. 

I turn around to see Eli. OH SHIT! OH MOTHERF*CKING GODS! She looks okay, maybe she didn’t hear anything. I look into her stormy blue eyes. Her eyes that reveal every thought passing through her mind. And she heard me. I broke her heart. She stares into my eyes to tell me she knows and then she runs off.

“ELI! I’M SORRY! I DIDN’T MEAN IT!” I yell running down the stairs to the cabins. I can see her blonde arm within arm’s reach of me, wow she can run fast. Abruptly she stops and turns around causing me to almost fall ontop of her.

“YOU LIED TO ME! YOU SAID THAT YOU WANTED TO BE WITH ME!” She screams, “YOU SAID WE DIDN’T HAVE TO TELL ANYONE BECAUSE YOU WANTED ME TO BE COMFORTABLE! BUT THAT WAS A LOAD OF BULL! YOU’RE ASHAMED OF ME! THE MOMENT PERI ASKS YOU IF WE’RE TOGETHER YOU LIE. WELL YOU’RE IN LUCK MICHAEL. WE ARE OVER. HAAHAHAHAHA ACTUALLY WE NEVER STARTED!!” She runs off again with tears in her beautiful, beautiful eyes.  And this time I don't chase her. I let her run away with my heart.

Wow Michael you did it again. The moment you start caring about someone you mess it up. I meant every word I said in the cabin, I honestly did. But Peri… I just don’t trust her.. She is one of those girls who would gossip and giggle. Ugh! I punch the wall and crack the plaster.

“WHY DOES EVERYTHING GOOD IN MY LIFE LEAVE ME!” I scream to my father. I hope he hears me.  

_____________

sorry this is short, we're updating in class :)) hahaha <3 <3 

please comment we appreciate sooo much <3