Chapter 16

Leo’s POV

Ok, I know what you’re thinking! You got a girl alone and she’s like that! But you got it wrong! I’m pissed.

“What. The. Hell.” I start off, “First of your sister is having a horrible day and you don’t even care and you act this way? Completely inappropriate!”

She just stares at me all innocent like “What way? I haven't done anything wrong have I?” She stares at me and I want to believe her because she looks really, really hot right now buuuut I can’t because she doesn't even care about her sister… And just before this she taught I liked Eli and started freaking out for no reason…

“Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.. wanna make out?” She says

“Yes-I mean No, No!. You always make it about you Peri. And Eli needs your help right now.” I say sternly as she rolls her eyes.

“Oh come onnnnnnn Leo! Loosen up a bit!” She wraps her arms around my neck. Her breath ohhhhhhhhh!

“Have you been drinking?” I ask suddenly concerned.

“What? Well maybe a swig or twooooooo! Hehehe” She giggles.

I pick her up and carry her like she’s my princess to the master bedroom. Wow.. for a girl this small she sure does weigh a lot! I try my best to lay her down gently but topple on top of her.

“Hahahahahahahah! your such a klutz” She laughs hysterically.

“Sweetie it wasn’t that funny!” I say softly after getting my balance back. “Now let’s get you tucked in!”

I stuff the blankets around body to keep her warm. “You caused a lot of trouble tonight.” I say. “Promise me you won’t drink as heavily as tonight ever again?”

“I love you.” What. I know she’s half asleep. But. I. What?

“I…….. love you too…” I say trying to not make my voice break. She makes a few weird growls before she dozes off.

She….she loves me….

Right?

Michael’s POV  

She storms of for the second time. What am I supposed to do? I messed up real bad, she told me her biggest secret of her past and all I did was lie to her.. But if I told her?? No it's out of the question. If she knew… who I am..Was…. she would never treat me the same….. She would think I am a monster and even worse....

When I finally stop beating myself up, I go to the control room to start the ship and get us closer to Portland. After all I have done the least I could do is help....

When I get to the control room Leo is already there looking at all the controls……

“Hey..” I say.

 “Oh.. Hi..”He turns around and nods awkwardly.

"Those twins are insane.." I try.. That's the only thing in common we have..

"Tell me about it... Peri has been drinking..."

"Dude you sure it's okay to leave her alone?" Wow.. Something really depressing must have happened to her to have been drunk on a boat while on a quest..I mean I don’t know but its the first I’ve heard of it.

He looks at me wild his eyes having a panic attack.

 "Yes I'm sure it's okay, just have to hope no monsters come.. I have to protect her.”“If anything happened to her..I would never forgive myself...Ever… I would live in constant self hate because I let her get hurt….”  Wow….. Leo really likes Peri...I mean obviously he does, I just didn’t realise it was this heavy.

“Oh um….that’s deep…”

"Yeah.... I know.... Don't you feel the same way with Eli?" Well yeah... But not as much.... I mean I hurt her οn the day I got her. But at least I'm not all 'I have to protect her!' like Leo...Okay maybe I am....

“I... um…...“

“You know.. I may seem like a dick but the way you are treating Eli is disgusting. You shouldn’t have made a promise you couldn’t keep.”

Shit. How does he know??

“You need to take a long hard look at yourself….” He says but his tone is cruel its sad. It’s like he pities me! Wait.. does he?

“I know… and but I don’t know how to get better…”

“First off, don’t make a girl who is as sad as she is fall in love with you.”

“What?????”

“Wow… she is falling for you..hard.”

What the fuck? No. I mean she’s cute and all but love…? Yeah hell no.

“I think you’re mistaken.”

“Oh am I?”

“Yeah I don’t love her….”

“Yeah what ever makes you happy.” He says rolling his eyes.  When did he get  so thoughtful???

 Suddenly the boat shook violently….