Chapter 24

Eli’s POV

By the time I have arrived back at the boat I am fuming. My own mother just told me that my moron of a sister is smarter and more powerful than me…. How is that even possible? It’s like saying a duck can take over the world! The day my sister learns the 8 times table I will be shocked. But if she knows the Pythagorean Theorem ( like moi) I will die. If our mother thinks that Peri’s smarter than me then I see where Peri got her brains from.

It just really bothers me, if she actually has some brains in her empty barbie head, then how come she didn’t figure out the prophecy? How come she struggles with the toaster? Hmmmmmmm?

I mean its great she’s powerful and all but I’M SMARTER AND STRONGER AND BETTER! BECAUSE I’M PERFECT IN EVERY SINGLE WAY KNOWN TO HUMAN AND GODS ALIKE! AND SHE’S DUMB! D-U-M-F-D! I HAVE DYSLEXIA SO SHUT UP!

“Ummmmmm...are you alright?” Leo asks in a sort of scared way.

“Yeah! Of course! I’m more than alright! I’m perfect!” I snap.

“Yeah….” He begins slowly, “Well, you’ve been twitching and muttering the word perfect continuously….”

“YEAH WELL I AM!”

“...................................”

“WHAT???” I shout.

“I didn’t say anything! Jeez!” He says with his hands up in defense.

“YOU THOUGHT IT, YOU THINK SHE’S BETTER DON’T YOU?” I continue shouting at Leo who is scared.

“Who are we talking about…?”

“You know what Leo? We should leave her!!”

“What??? Is this about Peri?” He says gasping, “I know you’re scared but I’m sure she’s fine…”

“NO!”

Leo takes action and pins me to the wall by my arms. “Calm. Down.” He says firmly.

Suddenly Michael walks in and sees us.

Michael’s POV

We finally docked. Totally nailed it. I mean there might not be any and I mean any fish or anything alive in these waters for a long time…..BUT IN MY DEFENSE, WE GOT THERE ON TIME!

Sooooo….. yeah……

“Leo! We’ve docked!” I yell excitedly… no answer. I finally get up and go on my adventure to find him.

It takes about ten minutes before I find him and  when I do he’s got Eli pinned against the wall and I go into freak out mode. It only takes a moment for me to tackle him to the ground. My arm is pressing hard against his throat and I think I might’ve actually killed him. Right then and there. But Eli pulled me off of him.

“Dude what the hell?” he chokes out rubbing his neck.

“Don’t lay a finger on her again! Or I will kill you.”

“Michael!” Eli tugs at my arm. I ignore her and take a step toward Leo so we are only inches apart. I’m taller and stronger than him, but he is strong as proven before. If he.. no I can’t think like that. Every time I do I go crazy and break something,

“Michael, just listen.” Eli continues tugging at my arm after we stormed out of the room.

“Oh my gods is there something going on between you too? Because if there is I swear I will kill him!” I threaten.

“What? No!”

“How long has this been going on? Do you have a thing for brown eyes??”

“Yes Michael. I cheated with my sister’s boyfriend because of his eye colour. How smart of you to figure it out.” She says sighing.

“Then what??” I say pacing up and down the floorboards. “His hair??”

“Gods no! We didn’t do anything! Calm DOWN!”

I look down and my fist.. it’s covered in blood. What did I just do?

“You’re insane!” She says backing away from me.

“You are the one making me insane, You slept with him didn’t you?” I continue  frantically.

“FUCK! STOP THIS! OK! I HAVEN’T SLEPT WITH HIM! I BARELY KNOW HIM!” She suddenly screams and silences me. “I WAS GOING THROUGH SOME EPISODE! OKAY! AND HE WAS JUST HELPING ME CALM THE FUCK DOWN!” She continues screaming.

And I’m silenced for a very long time while she continues screaming at me. “Okay I’m sorry but to me it looked like you guys where doing something…” I’m trying really hard to stay calm right now. My heart is pounding against my chest, I’m surprised no one else hears it. I’m digging my nails in my sweaty palms.

“We werent doing anything and even if we were why would you care?” She sighs exasperatedly.

“Well..hmmm let’s see..” I sarcastically pretend to think, “Maybe it’s because I love you, you bitch!”

Did I really just I love you….bitch… Wow I am a romantic bastard….

“Yeah.. Um.. “ I begin after the long awkward silence. “This is the part where you know you jump in and say something along the lines of…….. Oh yeah, ‘I love you too’ ..” Gods this is embarrassing.

“Yeah yeah!” She says dismissively. Wait what? I just poured my heart out to her (Okay I said I love you bitch, but to a guy that’s like 6 months of love letters) and she just ignores that. *Cough* Bitch *Cough*

“But thats no excuse for-” She begins angrily.

“Do you love me?” I ask suddenly interrupting her.

“Yeah… I love you, you’re like Peri but less annoying.”

“So I’m Peri….” I begin slowly.

“No, you’re like my sister.”

“So I’m a girl now…”

“NO YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!” She shouts angrily. I don’t know for sure.. but I think I’ve just been friendzoned.

“Seriously? You want to do this?” I ask with a sigh.

“What? Do what?” She asks looking confused. Like she’s debating in her mind whether to punch me or kiss me. I hope its the second one.

“You know you love me, you’re playing hard to get.” I say.

“WHAT? Okay. Stop trying to distract me.” She isn’t making this any better…

“I”M NOT!”

“Yeah…. sureeee saying you love me when YOU’RE in trouble. Sure doesn’t sound like a distraction to me!” She says sarcastically.

“I do love you.” I say firmly. “And you can’t talk to Leo anymore.”

She stops. And without looking me in the eye she says.“You don’t, you don’t own me Michael.” She paused and time slowed down.  That second of her pausing lasted a lifetime.

“I’m not yours.” She finishes.

“But- but-” I start.

“You’re free.” She cuts me off and then she stares at me for what seem like hours….days even…. She holds her hands up as if to say ‘I’m done’ and walks away.

As she walks away I whisper. “I’m yours..”