~Chapter 4~

The remaining days of (Name)'s vacation dwindled down to the final one. Anxiety pumped through her veins. She had so much to do in so little time!
During the five days (Name) had been in Japan, she had learned the bare minimum of Japanese. She learned how to greet and ask were the bathroom was. It wasn't nearly enough to hold a conversation, but she was trying!
"Hello, it's nice to meet you." (Name) glanced at her notes and cheered, "I said it right! It's a good start!"
(Name) giddily dances about her freshly furnished dorm. She had completed the room a few days prior.
There were string lights hung to her ceiling, with clothespins attached that held family pictures. While her wall was a mess of posters. Her bed was left how it begun, though on the ceiling were index cards with Japanese vocabulary.
She was proud of her room, she just had to maintain it clean!
~~~~~
'Breathe in, breathe out (Name)!' The (E/C)- eyed girl shifted her weight between both feet, her dream school laid in front of her!
"I hope I don't screw up..." Her anxious persona came flooding back, she was doing so well.
This was a fresh start for (Name)! She had to make a good impression, she didn't want to make friends like the ones she had.
"Class 1.A. Banana said it would be around...here!" (Name) stood in front of a large doorway. She took a deep breath, and entered.
Excited chatter greeted her ears, which soon came to a stop when she entered. They each stared at her, it was strange to see someone with a completely different ethnicity in a Japanese Hero Course.
(Name) shyly waved and shuffled towards her seat. She sat in her assigned seat and observed her peers.
It was nothing like New Orleans! Mutant quirks were more commonplace. A boy with a raven's head, a completely pink girl, a boy with a grapes head, it goes on.
A scream catches (Name)'s attention, "It took you all several seconds to quiet down. You won't survive the hero course if this continues." A man in a cocoon stated. "You with (H/C) hair." The entire class turns towards a baffled (Name).
"M-me?"
"Put your phone away."
(Name) goes to translate what he said, but is interrupted.
"Detention tomorrow."
"W-what?"
The man raises and grabs her device. "I-I need that!"
He returns his attention to the rest of the class, "Change into your gym uniforms."
~~~~~
After following the rest of the classes actions, (Name) was able to successfully change and follow her class outside.
      "I-I thought it would be bad, but this..." (Name) ruffles her curls in irritation, "If only Banana was here!"
      The man, now introduced as Aizawa-sensei, explains to the class that they would be performing a quirk apprehension test. He calls up an explosive looking boy to demonstrate.
      "So it's kinda like a competition..." Several students perform the task of throwing a ball, when finally (Name) is called.
      "(Last Name)."
      She goes up and retrieves the ball.  It was time to activate her quirk, hopefully her uniform wouldn't rip.
      Several splotches of spongey material surface (Name)'s skin. Her uniform, sadly, tears.  The material slowly hardens forming an exoskeleton around the girl.
      "Alrighty...let's do this!" (Name) chucks the ball, that causes clouds of dust to form behind her.
      "908.54 m." Gasps are heard, which (Name) assumes to be either good or very bad.
~~~~~
       In the end, our darling (Name) had received 6th place. She was overjoyed that she placed high among Japan's elite heroes-in-training.
      Currently it was the end of the day, and (Name) was worm physically and mentally. She had to find Banana and ask what, "Detention tomorrow." meant.
      Stomps resounded, and calls some after, "The foreigner with (H/C) hair!" (Name) pivots to see whom was causing all the ruckus.
      "You!" A robotic looking boy points a finger at her, "How dare you disrespect U.A's dress code by wearing the opposite gender's uniform!"
     (Name) blinks once, twice. Why was he screaming in her face?
      "What are you saying?"
      "I had thought it would had something to do with your quirk! That is why I had left it alone earlier!" The boy seethes, "I, Tenya Ida pity and chastise you for your behavior!"
      "Please stop screaming in my face. You sound like a banshee."
      "And not only that, how does one receive a detention on the first day of school?!" He pauses and takes a deep breath, "And for the love of all things good, stop speaking in another language!"
      (Name) sighs, he wasn't going to stop anytime soon. She swiftly bowed and ran off, with him screeching behind.