~Side Story: That Day~

That day.
Each and every aspiring hero has, that day. The scenario that causes someone to run into danger. With zero control over their limbs.
Downtown, New Orleans. (Name) (Last Name)'s freshman year in high school.
      The girl's life was bland, grey. She had no ambitions, nothing to dedicate herself to.
An entrepreneur? Too much work. A writer? She always rambled when writing. A hero? She loathed her mutation of a quirk.
      The girl gathered her supplies for school. She left the bodega after snatching a breakfast-bar.
Margeretta and Luzita awaited the girl's arrival at a corner. The trio commenced to walk. (Name)'s companions babbled on about the latest trends, as she silently followed.
It wasn't as if they were true friends, she had gained their attention after being placed first in a quirk assessment exam. No one at school truly cared for her, they just feared her power (and her male side had quite 'attractive' looks according to Luzita).
      (Name) entered her first class, it progressed as usual. As well as her second and third. A normal, redundant school day.
The lunch bell resounded and the students scattered. (Name) retrieved her items and left for the bodega. It was a common ritual, to come home during lunch and receive a fulfilling meal.
The usual buzz of New Orleans accompanied the girl on her way home. Perhaps she would skip the afternoon, it wasn't as if she had to worry about her grades or any upcoming tests.
"Ma, I'm back." She made herself known, after the bodega's bell had chimed.
"Ah, I'm almost done cooking! But we need some adobo. Go to the grocery store, the one with the good stuff! Get yourself something to." Rosita places a 20$ bill on the kitchen's counter and sent the girl on her way.
'Adobo...adobo...!'
(Name) selects a tin labeled 'Goya's adobo' and selects a canister of 'Cocoa Cola'.
Crash
A loud sound blared into (Name)'s ears, followed by the screeches of civilians.
"Huh...?" (Name) clutches onto her, now payed, groceries and rushes outside. Chaos is what greeted her vision.
Hydrants spewed water, crevices were freshly made in the pavement, civilians ran about with no set destination in mind.
Pure and utter chaos, all caused by one villain. A single villain with a mutant quirk. Centaur is what many would call the male.
With long, pointed horns on his forehead, and a bull's behind the male rammed into nearby establishments; not a single care on hitting a passerby.
"Muhahahaha! No damn hero can catch me!" The villain roared as he fissured another road, much like it was a stick of butter.
"Ahhh!" A girl's scream was heard, "P-please help me!"
The girl, whom was no older than 8, sobbed as the villain smirked at her quivering figure.
"My first official kill!" He lifted his hind legs and prepared to attack.
By then, (Name)'s groceries were long gone. Her quirk, activated in mere seconds.
"Exoskeleton!" (Name)'s empowered arm collided with the mutant's face. Causing the male to soar across the intersection.
"Hey, girlie. You'll be alright." (Name) meekly smiled at the girl, "I'll save you." She pivoted away for the girl and sprinted to where the enemy lay.
      (Name) groped through her pockets and retrieved a capsule of rotten milk. A trigger that activated her quirk. She reluctantly took a whiff, and switched genders.
      A purple aura soon surrounded the villain, she had successfully retrieved him.
      'What a petty villain. A person with no training took him out so quickly...'
      After being recovered by the police, the villain had met a deserving end. Plaudits soon surrounded the girl. Cheers echoed around her. And for the first time, the world wasn't just black and white to (Name).
      Color flooded her vision, she felt enlightened. Her purpose in life she had found it! The relief on the people's faces when she saved them. The recognition.
      For once in her life, her quirk wasn't looked down on, but was praised! The quirk she once so despised, became the base of her future career. A hero!
      Her cold demeanor slowly washed away, as her warm and kind persona showed. She eventually started to train rigorously, treating her education as top priority as well as a healthy body.
      That day. (Name)'s special day set her on track. The track she had created, and coincidentally followed her father's. She was excited, excited to become a splendid hero!