~Side Story: Mardi Gras~

"Mar-dee, Grass?" (Name) stood directly in front of the chalkboard; doodling beads and masks onto the board surrounding the words 'Mardi Gras'.
      She lets out a giggle then corrects the students, "Mardi Gras!"
It was currently the period that Present Mic taught, but after much persuasion and begging (Name) was granted permission to share her culture with her peers. After all it was English class.
The once barren classroom was vibrantly decorated with purple and green streamers. While on each desk laid a jester's mask and a tropical drink.
Once her entire class was seated she began, "Well, in New Orleans it big celebration on Mardi Gras! This is first time away from parties, so I thought I could share with you! On desk is drink called Hurricane! It usually alcoholic, but I replaced it with ginger ale, it taste fruity! I hope you enjoy."
Her smile brightened the room, as her friends took sips from the drink.
Compliments spewed from their mouths, and (Name) thanked them. "I-I also have king cake!"
      (Name) groped through her book bag and pulled out a tin. Inside was a large circular cake with dabbed purple and green frosting.
      "It taste like pecan with cinnamon! Grab slice if you want!" Dust consumes the girl and when it clears, only a handful of slices remain.
"Tch...it's probably some fuckin' cake from a cheap-ass place..." Bakugou scowls at his classmates eager bites.
"Please Bacoogo! I made it! I'm sure you like!" (Name) pouts at the boy.
      Suddenly the temperature dropped, and dark auras surrounded (Name)'s classmates. They each glared at Bakugou from behind the oblivious girl.
      Bakugou scowls and begrudgingly takes the sweet from the girl. "Yay!" (Name) giddily claps, causing the boy to advert his gaze.
      "It's, decent..."
      "I glad you enjoy!"
      (Name) skips to her usual desk and pulls out a speaker. She scrolls through her phone, and eventually finds a certain playlist. She presses play, which causes salsa music to emit.
      'Suavemente, bésame!'
      Several students rise and begin to playfully dance with one another. Even Bakugou had been forced up by Kirishima.
      Each desk was left abandoned, except one. Todoroki's still was occupied. He watched as his peers swayed to the rhythm.
      Ever since the sport's festival, the boy had lost his cold nature. It was replaced by a more, awkward kind. He struggled to make friends, but was trying his hardest.
      "Hey, Towdoerowkey, wanna dance?" (Name) offered a hand.
      "I'm not exactly sure how to dance to this music..."
      "Just follow my lead," She points at herself, "Being Latina does come handy!" He slowly nods and grasps the girl's outstretched hand.
      She leads him to an open space void of desks and students. "Um, place hand here," She places his hand on her waist, "And here." She clasps his other hand.
      'Que yo quiero sentir tus labios.'
      She guides Todoroki in a swaying move, moving forwards and backwards every so often. As he begins to get the gist of thing she increases the pace and moves their arms up and down.
      'Besándome otra vez."
      The song comes to an end, and the two stop their dance. Plaudits resound, and (Name) meekly thanks the perpetrators.
      "Let's do again sometime, Todoroki!"
      Todoroki's cheeks faintly glow a pink, "Y-Yes, that would be nice..."
      The class slowly came to an end, and (Name) was as happy as could be. She had celebrated her most cherished holiday with her newly made friends.
      They all appreciated her drinks and cake. And, she was able to steal a dance from a fuming Bakugou and a culture-curious Midoriya.
      It would never compare to her boisterous family's way of celebrating Mardi Gras. But this party would be kept in a special place in (Name)'s heart.

Happy Mardi Gras everyone! ~Takada_Maia (2/13/18)