~Chapter 12~

Midoriya's visit had allowed (Name) to rid of the thoughts plaguing her mind. Who knew ranting to a friend help so much?
      Midoriya had made the girl promise him that she would focus on the festival, and not some family feud.
      The girl kept to her word and rigorously trained for the remaining week.
      "Please welcome hero course's 1.A!" Banana's voice blared throughout the stadium, causing the audience to cheer.
      (Name)'s class proudly marched into the field, each with an aura of confidence. Except for herself, she felt countless students glare daggers into the girl.
Previously other classes students chastised her for wearing her mask and tank. "You already have an advantage as a hero course student," They stated, "you don't need another aid!" Which triggered Bakugou to counter them with, "Stop whining like goddamned babies! She fucking needs it for her quirk!"
      The students stood side-by-side as Midnight announced the first portion of the festival.
      "Obstacle course...?" (Name) stared at the screen behind the hero.
      "Yes (Last Name)! I wish you luck!" Ida vigorously shook the girl's hand and pivoted to the starting gate.
Horns blared, and the students began to stampede. Ginormous robots rose from the ground and took aim at students.
Ice crept onto it as well as the floor. 1.A avoided the frozen attack, but others weren't as fortunate. (Name) activated her Exoskeleton and scales the robotic beasts.
      "And the foreign (Last Name) scales the beast with such grace! Nothing less from a recommended student!" Banana's voice exclaimed updates on the course. "1.A's Bakugou has taken the high road as well!"
      The amount of robots depleted as the next obstacle came into view. 'The Fall' as it was called consisted of suspended tight ropes connecting islands of concrete.
The girl thinks of her next course of action. Switch genders and levitate herself over, but cause terrible nausea. Or use Exoskeleton to jump and risk plummeting.
(Name) opted for her latter option, other participants were catching up fast. She wanted to keep her secure lead with 4th.
She jumped, causing debris to scatter around her starting position. Her landing position came in hot, she maneuvered her body so her arm defended her face. She crashed onto the concrete, and rapidly lifted herself up and repeated this process.
      Several jumps and landings later, (Name) arrived to the final stretch of the course, a field of mines.
      The girl did not think twice about sprinting into the field, after all it was Exoskeleton's purpose to defend the user.
      "And (Last Name) does not waver in barreling into the minefield! True confidence in her quirk!"
      Explosions surround the girl. The rubble flying about, causing participants to cough.
      'Almost there!' (Name) thought, 'I'm glad I decided to stay behind that trio. Banana's descriptions scare me...'
Just as the final yards neared, (Name)'s Exoskeleton began to crack. At the sight of this she increased her speed.
      Pieces of her Exoskeleton begin to shatter, but she had made it.
      "In fourth place (Name) (Last Name)!"