2. s u s p i c i o n s

and i want to believe, that its just you and me
sometimes it feels like there's three
of us in here baby....

-------------------

Bella

"Can I come in?" There was a knock on the door.

"Yeah Sally, come on in" I said and she pushed the door open and I smiled at her.

Sally is the receptionist, also a very good friend of mine.

"I got you a coffee" She said and held up the starbucks cup.

"Oh my, you're a life saver Sally, I needed that so much" I said and she chuckled and handed me the cup and sat in the chair across my desk.

"So, how's it going?" She said before sipping on her coffee.

Oh, where should I start from Sal?

"Things could've been better" I said and shrugged and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why?" She said.

"Ah, nothing serious, its just that Justin works so much, he comes home so late and leaves so early we barely get time to spend with each other" I said and her eyebrows furrowed deeper.

"But he leaves the office just half hour or so after you leave and arrives at work just a little earlier than nine a.m" She said and my heart sank.

"R-Really?" I said.

"Yeah, I mean I know there's a lot of work but he doesn't stay here late at all" She said and my grip on my coffee cup loosened so much that it was on the verge of falling down.

"Oh y-yeah, he told me about this new partnership he's trying for, I guess he just goes to those meetings" I lied and she smiled and nodded.

"Alright, off to work now" She said and stood up before walking out.

I felt the pit in my stomach that I've been feeling for while, grow now. Instead of my doubts going away, they just keep growing.

I kept myself in the cabin the whole day, but I only managed to complete a small bunch of documents.

I sighed and grabbed the file before walking to Justin's cabin. I knocked once before opening the doors and going in.

Once I was in, he looked at me and smiled as if nothing has happened. I just couldn't return the smile.

"I was waiting for you, you were hiding the whole day" He said and shut his laptop screen.

"I was in my cabin" I said.

"Yeah, I know but you come here and keep giving me little visits throughout the day which you didn't today" He said.

"I'm sorry I couldn't concentrate enough today but I managed to complete a couple of these" I said and placed the file of his desk and his smile slowly faded to nothing.

"Why are you talking like that? so professional and ignoring what I said?" He asked and I exhaled deeply.

"Justin, is you really missed me that much, you could've just came to my cabin, it right next door" I said.

He stood up and walked to me until he was standing close and in front of me. I felt his hands grab me by my elbows gently and pull me closer to him before his arms wrapped around me.