24. g o o d . n e w s

Justin

I felt really light headed as I slowly tried to open my eyes. The bright light hurt my eyes and when my eyes finally adjusted to the light, I could see the person sitting beside me. I was surprised to see her there and I wondered if this was just an illusion.

She was sitting beside the bed I was on as her elbows leaned on the bed and she held her head in her hands.

"Bella?" I said. My voice was rough and low but she still heard it and her head quickly snapped towards me.

"Justin!" She said in surprise and smiled widely.

"Oh my God, honey are you alright?" She said as she cupped my face and then hugged me tightly.

The warmth washed over me instantly and the sound of her asking that took all the ache away from my body.

"Yes, I'm fine" I said and she pulled away and kissed my forehead.

"Why'd you do that, do you have an idea of how scared I was?!" She said in a slightly scolding tone as she sat down beside me again, still squeezing my hand in hers.

"I....Bella I backed out of the wedding" I said and she sighed.

"You think I wouldn't know that by now?" She said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"How long have I been here?" I asked.

"You were unconscious for two whole days, doctor said he was afraid that if you won't wake up soon, you might slip into a coma I... I was so sc-scared" her lower lip quivered as a tear rolled down her cheek.

I sat up quickly and wiped her tears with my thumb.

"I'm sorry... I just, I lost all control on myself" I said.

"If you backed out of the wedding, why didn't you come to me?" She asked.

"Because I don't deserve you Bella, that's why. I don't deserve this care and concern of yours either" I said.

"Shut up and don't you ever do this again!" She scolded again and I smiled and nodded.

"Sorry... sorry" I said and put my hands up.

We heard the door click open and I saw Michael come in with a nurse. She asked me a couple questions about how I was feeling.

"One of you need to go meet vthe doctor, he'll tell you about the medications and other stuff" She said to Michael and Bella.

"Yeah, I'll go" Bella said and stood up.

Both of them walked out, leaving me and Michael alone. There was a thick awkwardness between us as he sat down where Bella was previously sitting.

"Are you feeling alright?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm good" I said.

"You really shouldn't have done that, Bella was losing her mind" He said.

"But Justin really, why did you?" He asked and I sighed.

"I ran off from the wedding and went straight home. Bella had asked me to never to see her again. I just couldn't handle the fact that I'm never going to get to see her since she is obviously so happy with you and I didn't wanna be the person to break it" I said and he simply smiled at me.

"There was nothing there to break in the first place" he said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Justin, I'm going to be honest with you, I'm in love with Bella but I'm also very aware that she wasn't ever that involved in me. I always knew that even though she was physically present with me, her mind and heart always wandered away to you. I know I can never help her get over you, not only me but no one else can. She loves you so deeply, it's impossible to get you out" he said and I looked down at my hands.

"And I don't know what Bella said to you exactly but we decided to stop whatever there was between us the day she came to your house and found out about the engagement" He said and I looked at him.

"Y-You mean you guys aren't.... aren't..." I trailed off and he shook his head.

"Oh..."

"Anyways, doctor said that once you're up, you're free to go home, so get ready" he said and stood up.

"Michael" I stopped him before he walked out.

"Thank you...for being so understanding and for being there for Bella when I was an asshole to her" I said and he smiled slightly.

"That's alright, but you know that now you have another chance to fix this right? So if this time you mess up again, I won't be so nice" he said and I chuckled.

________

I huffed once Bella helped me lay down on the bed once we reached home.

It felt so good to have her with me here again.

"Do you want some soup?" She asked.

"No, just stay here" I said and grabbed her arm making her sit beside me.

She looked at me for a second before leaning down and laying her head on my chest and I wrapped my arm around her.

Though, I was afraid that my heart would rip my chest open and jump out.

"I wish I could erase time and we could go back to that party and I'd avoid the mistakes I made" I said.

"Stop thinking about that now, right now what you need the most is rest" she said.

"And everything happens for a reason Justin, maybe we made some more wrong turns somewhere but it's okay, we've finally reached the end of the tunnel now" she said and relief washed over me.

"And I know there's a lot of mending to do but I have something to tell you" she said and looked up at me.

"What?"

"I just found out last week, I'm pregnant" she said softly and I instantly sat up.

"What?!" I almost squealed she giggled and my reaction and smiled shyly before nodding and it felt like my body wasn't capable of holding the amount of happiness I felt.

"Bella...oh my God, that's... that's the best news ever" I said and hugged her tightly.

"And you were never going to tell me that and let me get married to someone else?!" I said.

"Well...yes, but don't get mad at me because byou didn't" she said and I smiled.

"I do want to be mad at you but the happiness has left no space for any other emotion right now" I said and connected our foreheads.

"I'm so so happy and excited" I said, making her smile widely.

"Me too" she chuckled and I couldn't help but kiss her.

"And now the only third person we'll ever have among us will be this little bean..." I said and touched her stomach.

"I promise" I said and she mirrored my smile.

________

LAST CHAP AKA EPILOGUE NEXT!

STAY TUNED FOR MY NEW STORY 'ENCHANTED' WHICH WILL BE PUBLISHED JUST THE DAY I UPDATE PERFUME NEXT!

-Love, S