17. s l e e p o v e r

But I'm just dumb enough to try
To keep you in my life
For a little while longer
And I'm insane enough to think
I'm gonna get out with my skin
And start my life again

•••

Justin

I glanced at my watch and saw that it was seven pm. I shut my laptop and sighed.

I thought about going to get Nia back home but I felt too tired. Not physically but emotionally. I was sick of doing this all the time.

I shook my head and shrugged that thought away. I'd rather work late. Nia can come when she wants to.

I stood up and decided to go get myself some coffee.

I pushed open the doors of my cabin and  walked out.

"And it's so fun, you should totally come sometime, I'll make you look all new!" I stopped in my tracks when I heard that familiar voice and looked to the side towards the reception.

I was surprised and happy to see Bella talking to Sally.

"Bella?" I said as I walked to her and she turned towards me.

"Oh hey" She said and my heart skipped more than just a beat when she embraced me in a short, quick hug.

"I'm sorry I just came here out of the blue but I was just passing by and thought about how it's been so long since I've seen everyone here. I texted you and tried to call you a couple times, you didn't pick up" She said.

"Oh...my phone must be- yeah it's dead" I said after pulling my phone out of my pocket.

"I hope you don't mind?" She said.

She was wearing a casual red dress with black checks on it and her cream colored coat draped over her arm. Her hair were tied up in a ponytail and she looked like she just got out of work.

"Of course not! This place is still yours too Bella" I said and she smiled.

"Were you leaving?" She asked.

"No, I was just going to get some coffee, I'd rather work than be alone at home" I said impulsively and then bit my tongue, realising I shouldn't have said that.

"Oh, Nia still hasn't come back?" She asked and I licked my lips and nodded.

There was a small pause because she spoke again.

"Why don't you come over at my place for dinner?" She asked and I looked at her.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah, I mean I'll even get to show you the new place, you never got a chance to come visit" she said and I smiled.

"Yeah right" I said.

"So?"

"I'll go grab my coat" I said and she smiled before I went inside the cabin to get my coat.

I was as excited as a boy who's about to go on his first date. I wasn't expecting her to call me over considering her and Michael are getting closer but right now everything else bothered the least to me.