7. m i c h a e l

Little do you know
How I'm breaking while you fall asleep
Little do you know
I'm still haunted by the memory  

---------

Bella

First day of work, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I was very nervous. Butterflies-in-my-stomach-making-me-want-to-puke nervous. Though I've been a co-CEO of a huge business company for five years now, I was still scared.

Because this is different. This is my dream, I'm doing this for myself, not Justin or anyone else. I want to do this right, I want to make myself proud.

I paid the cab driver went inside the office and walked to the reception.

"Uh, Hi, I'm Bella Bieber, I'm here to meet Lena Rhodes" I said.

"Just a second" She said before she checked something on the computer then called someone.

"Bella Bieber is here to see you" She said.

"Alright" She answered and hung up before looking at me.

"Mrs. Rhodes is waiting for you, you'll have to go to the first floor, in the cabin to the right" She said and I smiled before nodding.

"Thank you" I said and went upstairs and knocked on the cabin door and adjusted my pencil skirt.

"Come in!" She said and I pushed the door open, mentally instructing myself to be confident.

"There you are!" She smiled once I stepped in and I smiled back.

"Good morning" I said as she stood up.

"Oh what good morning, get in here, you're my assistant now!" She said and opened her arms. I was relieved by how warm and friendly she was. We hugged and greeted each other before I sat down across her desk.

"Bella, I checked all your ideas and I'm in love with them and I quickly knew you were perfect to assist me" She said and I couldn't help but grin.

"Thank you" I said.

"Now assisting me isn't just helping me with styling people, sometimes the work load gets too much and there are too many people to style, in this case you will have to go alone too and I feel like you'll manage it just fine since you are so great at this and have a business background" She said and I nodded.

"I will give my best, I promise you that" I said.

"So we style a lot of people in hollywood, luckily some top celebs like the Kardashians, Beyonce, and various models call for stylists from us. Sometimes we even have style actors for movies, so this is huge platform for you Bella and you have to use it right and I always tell everyone, that, success is nothing but the result of being humble and passionate about what you do" She said.

"I totally agree on that" I said.

"Now I see you've-

"Lena, where the hell is Gary I've been calling him for ages!" We were interrupted by some male voice and I turned my head to see who it was.

Tall and broad, his suit sleeves were almost choking his biceps. His hair were buzzed to perfection and the light stubble added to his raw masculinity. 

"Oh shoot, I'm sorry, I didn't know you were in a meeting" He said after he saw me.

"Oh no, you remember I told you about Bella? This is her, my new assistant!" Lena said.

"Ohhh...Bella Bieber! I saw you portfolio, you are crazy talented!" 'Mike' said as he came and sat down on the edge of Lena's desk in front of me.

I could tell that this workplace was friendly and happy and I loved it already.