12. d e c i s s i o n s

I don't mind it
I still don't mind at all
It's like one of those bad dreams
When you can't wake up
It looks like you've given up
You've had enough
But I want more
No I won't stop
Because I just know
You'll come around
Right?

______

Justin

"Hey, aren't you coming to bed?" Nia asked me and I bit my lower lip. It was 11pm, Bella still wasn't home yet.

"No, I'm just gonna watch some TV, I'll come later" I said and she shrugged and walked back into the bedroom.

Should I text her? Would that be too clingy. I was actually thinking that once she comes home, we'll just talk while she has her dinner.

I grew impatient with every minute that she didn't show up. Half an hour had passed when I finally heard the door click open.

She pushed it open and came in. I quickly shut the TV and smiled at her.

She returned the smile but it wasn't as wide as everyday, something was off.

"Hey" I said as she sat down next to me on the couch.

"I was about to call you, you're home quiet late today" I said.

"Yeah, I was at Hailey's. Sorry I didn't text you" She said.

"Not a problem" I said quickly.

"I ordered a pizza for dinner, should I heat it up for you?" I asked and without waiting for her answer, I was about to stand up but she grabbed my hand and stopped me.

"No, I need to talk to you" She said.

"Okay but aren't you hungry? You sh-

"Justin please, it's important" She said and I shut up. She did look quiet serious.

Maybe she had a bad day and she just wants to talk about it.

"What's the matter? Did you have a bad day?" I asked, shifting a little closer to her.

She chuckled sadly and shrug.

"I've been have a bad day everyday for the past seven months..." She trailed off.

I knew what she was talking about.

"I've been waiting and waiting and waiting. Waiting and hoping that maybe I'll wake up to a good day where you've changed your mind and you'll ask me of we can start over and I'll say yes in a heartbeat" she said and my heart was already hurting.

But how should I tell her that maybe that day is near. Very near. I just need to be a 100 percentage sure this time.

"But that days seems to never come and it's been too long and I'm tired" she said and her grip on my hand loosened.

"I never thought I would be able to do this but I've realised how you're genuine about your feelings for Nia and I'm the interruption between you two that's causing you both to have a hard time" she said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

What is she talking about?!

"But someday you'd treat me different and I felt like a pendulum going back and forth everyday between 'he loves me' and 'he loves me not' but I've decided to put this thing to rest now" she said and wiped away the tears at the brim of her eyes with her palm and opened her handbag.

She searched in it for a while before pulling out a bunch of papers that were folded neatly.

"It took me all day, all seven months to make sure if I want to do this or not. And to be very honest, I still don't want to do it but you come before everything for me Justin. And for you to be happy, I'd do anything. So how big a deal are there couple signs on the divorce papers right?" She said and my head snapped towards her.