18. s u r p r i s e

Nothing to fight
Emptiest forest
No one can hear the sound of your dear
Stay for a while
Lead me away from the night
I'll make you happy

_____

Bella

"Where did you vansih yesterday, I called so many time Mike! At least could've left me a text!" I said and he put his hands up in surrender.

"I'm really sorry about that ma'am, I know I should've texted and stuff but I was busy planning this surprise for you" He said and I raised my eyebrows as he wrapped her strong arms around me.

"Surprise?" I asked.

"Mhm" he placed a soft kiss on my lips.

"And what is that surprise?" I asked.

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" He asked and I smiled confusedly and nodded.

"If you say so" he said before opening the door again.

"Michael what's going on?" I chuckled.

"Come in!" He announced loudly and I couldn't hold back my gasp after I saw the two people come in.

I couldn't believe my eyes. I looked at Michael and looked back at them. Was this really happening or was this a dream?

"M-Mom...Dad?" I said, the shock and surprise evident in my voice.

Both of them were smiling and mom even had tears brimming her eyes.

"Hello sweetheart" she said as they both walked to me.

They were really here and my eyes stung with tears of joy.

"Mom..." I almost sobbed as she cupped my face and then hugged me. Dad joined the hug and rubbed my back.

"I can't believe this is really happening" I said.

"Why don't you two have a seat, I'll go make some coffee for us?" Michael said and we nodded.

I led both of them to the couch and sat down beside them.

"I'm so happy to see you both, I can't even express" I said and wiped my tears away.

"We're sorry about never replying to your calls" Dad said.

"It's alright what matters is you are here now. What changed your mind though?" I asked.

"Michael visited us yesterday" Mom said.

"He told us everything about you and Justin" She said and my smile dropped.

"Oh" I mumbled.

So that's why they're here. Because Justin and me aren't married anymore.

"We are so glad that you got that man out of your life. And Michael, oh my goodness he is such a sweet soul" She continued and I faked a smile.

Them preferring Michael over Justin bothered me somewhere.

"He was the one who told us how happy it would make you if we surprise you like this" Dad said and I nodded.