8. k i s s e s

Who will love you?
Who will fight?
Who will fall far behind?

_______

Justin

"I missed you" I said as I nuzzled my face in the back of Nia's neck and she giggled.

"I did too" She said as I intertwined our fingers.

After a lot of pursuing, she finally decided to drop it and come back home and I couldn't be more relieved.

"I'm so sleepy now, I've barely been able to sleep without you for the past four days" I said but then suddenly it hit me.

"Oh shoot" I mumbled and she turned around to look at me.

"What?"

"You know Chad, my business friend? He's holding a party tomorrow" I said.

"Oh that's great, I'm free tomorrow" She said and I licked my lips.

"Uh no actually, I can't take you Nia" I said and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why?"

"I will have to take Bella, because we haven't announced anything yet and everyone loves her, they will question if I don't bring her with me" I said.

"But Jus-

"Nia please understand baby, please?" I said and she sighed.

"Alright" She mumbled with a frown.

"Thank you, I'll just go and tell her about it" I said and kissed her cheek before walking to Bella's bedroom.

I knocked on the door and waited for her open it. A couple seconds later, she opened the door and stepped aside to let me in while she was talking on her phone. I did everything to not stare at her since she was wearing an over-sized t-shirt....only.

"So I'll be ready by 7:30 ish?" She said.

"Okay, see you then" She said with a smile and hung up.

"Hey, did you need anything?" She said while looking at me with the same smile.

"No, uh, actually I came to tell you that Chad is throwing a party tomorrow and we haven't really told anyone about...about us and Nia so I was thinking it would be great if you come with me" I said and he smile dropped.

"Oh..." She mumbled.

"I just fixed a dinner with Michael for tomorrow" She said.

"Michael?" I asked.

"Yeah, my colleague, the one who came to drop me off that day?" She said.

"Oh yeah yeah" Michael, she's been mentioning him a lot lately.

"Oh, alright then, I'll just make up some excuse" I said and she licked her lips. 

"You know what, I'll talk to Mike and postpone our plans, I mean, dinner can be done anytime right? Chad's party is tomorrow only" She said.

"Oh no no, you can go ahead with him, I'll-

"No Justin, its alright, anyways, its been a while since I've seen everybody" She said and I sighed and nodded.