10. a n n i v e r s a r y

I've got a hundred million reasons to walk away
But baby, I just need one good one to stay  

_____

Justin

I woke up after my alarm rung and shut it quickly so it doesn't wake Nia up. I rubbed my eyes before grabbing my phone to check for any messages. But when I opened it, I read the date over and over again.

It was today.

Me and Bella complete six years of marriage today.

It was hard for me to believe that, it feels like just yesterday I saw her walking down the aisle. I can't believe its been that long.

I sighed and shook my head. It doesn't matter to me now anyways. I got up and went for a shower before getting ready for work.

I was completely ready as I stepped out of my closet and saw that Nia was still fast asleep. I exhaled knowing I'll have to drink juice for breakfast again.

It feels like forever since I've eaten a good breakfast. I remember how Bella would never let me go to work without breakfast at all and if I couldn't have it at home, she'd bring it to work and-

There I go, comparing Nia to Bella again. I really need to stop doing that.

When I was walking to the kitchen, the very familiar aroma of pancakes that Bella used to make for me filled up my nostrils and my mouth instantly watered. Am I hallucinating now? It feels like ages since I've last ate them.

When I walked into the kitchen, I realized that I wasn't hallucinating at all. Bella was really making the pancakes. She did a double take when she noticed me and smiled instantly.

I know she'll never forget the anniversary.

"Hey, good morning" She said and she simmered the stove and walked to me.

"Morni-

I was cut off when she didn't even let me complete as she hugged me. It took me a lot of efforts to not hug her back.

"And happy anniversary!" She said and placed a kiss on my cheek before pulling out. I stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

"I know, I know, it doesn't matter to you anymore but to me it does, so I made your favorite pancakes for breakfast" She said and got back to serving them in a plate.

"Do you want some milk with it?" She asked and I nodded.

No ways am I missing a chance to eat those pancakes. I sat down at the table and she placed the glass of milk and the plate full of pancakes with the maple syrup dripped on them, just how I like it.

I wasted no time before starting to eat them and I almost moaned after taking the first bite. 

She sat across me with her plate as she watched me with a smile, clearly aware of how much I was enjoying eating them.

"I know its been long since I made those so I called up Lena and told her I'll be a little late today" She said and I nodded.

"Is Nia still asleep?" She asked and I nodded again absent mindedly and saw her eyebrows furrow.

"Then who makes the breakfast everyday?" She asked. Oh shoot.

"N-Nia does, she was just feeling to sleepy today s-so I asked her to sleep in" I said and she kept looking at me.

"You know you can't lie to me right?" She said and I sighed. 

"Oh God Justin, you could've just told me, I can wake up early and make some breakfast before I go. You were going to work without breakfast all this time?!" She said, a mixture of concern and anger laced her tone.