14. c o f f e e

I'd go hungry; I'd go black and blue
And I'd go crawling down the avenue
No, there's nothing that I wouldn't do
To make you feel my love

-------

Justin  

"Stop yelling at me! This is my workplace!" I couldn't control how loud my own voice was. But I was so done with Nia coming to work and throwing a new tantrum at me everyday. It made me want to drag her out.

"No I won't!" She yelled and I shut my eyes and took a deep breath to control myself.

"You barely come home, you never spend time with me, I thought after Bella goes away, we'll be better than ever but this is so much worse. You seem to forget that I even exist" She said.

I really wanted to yell back but that's how we messed up the last time. None of us would swallow our pride. And I've been the one always doing that everytime we've fought after we got back together but I'll do it for the sake of us.

"Alright, I'm sorry babe, I promise I'll come home early today" I said.

"Really?" She said and I nodded.

"Well, its seven now, you better be home early" She said and my jaw clenched at her commanding tone but I nodded anyways.

After that, she left and exhaled a huge puff of air before plopping down on my chair and rubbed my face with my palms.

Its been four months since Bella signed the divorce. And like Nia said, even I used to think that after the divorce, me and her would be able to live happily. But it's nothing like that. Who am I kidding? We're not even close to happy.

And Nia isn't to blame here completely. I am equally responsible for it too. I really haven't been at home enough. I drown myself in work all day. I go home late and leave early. I'm too afraid that a single idle moment will make me think of Bella.

But working doesn't help completely either, at times I find myself zoned out for hours, just thinking of Bella. It still hurts like a fresh wound.

I really don't know how long its going to take to heal.

I worked for an hour more before I decided to leave for home. I've been driving myself everywhere lately. Sometimes after work, I go on long drives by myself.

I suddenly started craving coffee on the way back, so I decided to stop at the Starbucks nearby. I parked my car before I stepped out and locked it.

It was night time so there weren't a lot of people. But I stopped in my tracks when I saw Bella standing right outside the cafe.

My heart beat sped up as I observed her. She was wearing a rose pink body-con dress that hugged her perfect curves. She also had a black coat on a her huge hand bag indicating she had just gotten out from work too. Her long brunette hair were left open and her skin was slightly tan. Did she go on a vacation somewhere?

I felt like a creep just standing there and staring at her. She kept glancing at her watch again and again. Maybe she's waiting for someone.

Should I just sneak inside or go say hi to her? No I'm just going to mid my own business. I'm gonna go in there, get my coffee and go back home.

I started to walk towards the cafe but my feet had a mind of their own as they walked towards Bella instead of the door.

Its been too long since I've seen her, a little 'Hi, how are you doing?' won't hurt.

"Bella?" I said to gain her attention and she looked away from her phone to look at him.

"Justin?" She said and a couple seconds later her lips curved up in a smile.