Chapter 5

We got through the first binder and I must admit that Richard doesn't seem too bad. He hasn't threatened to hit me or actually hit me, nor has he stuffed me in the cupboard yet!

We were just about to start the second binder of music when Karen suggested that we get some sleep. It wasn't really late, but Richard has to be up early so I understood. We packed everything up and he said we'd continue tomorrow.

Now I'm just waiting in my room for sleep to take over. I'm most likely not going to actually be able to sleep. I just don't sleep, but I am trying to at least relax.

"Clyde shut up!" I hear a voice out of my window whisper shout.

I can barely hear the response but I know it's Craig and Clyde. They never came back and it's one in the morning.

I get out of my bed and walk to the window and look down to see Craig and Clyde arguing.

"Craig, how are we supposed to get up there? The windows are locked and we can't reach the lowest branch," I heard Clyde whisper to Craig.

I rolled my eyes and turned away from the window and let out a long sigh.

I can't leave them out there, it's freezing, but I don't want to wake Richard or Karen up. I can't let them freeze, though.

Curse me and my stupid heart!

I slowly walk into the hall and down the stairs, sure not to make any noise. I go to the door and realize that the door wasn't even locked.

I chuckle to myself and open the door. I walk out and ignore the cold weather and walk to the side of the house to see Craig on Clyde's shoulders trying to reach the Branch.

I hold back a laugh and lean against the house, waiting for them to realize I'm there.

"This is stupid, Craig. We aren't going to reach." Craig's hand brushed against the branch and he cursed under his breath.

"C'mon Clyde, just a little higher and we are in, okay?" Clyde let out a sigh and tried to hold Craig up higher which caused them both to fall to the ground with a thud.

"Shit, Clyde! Fuck, my neck!" Craig hit the back of Clyde's head and put a hand on his own neck. Clyde hit Craig's arm and grabbed hold of his own ankle.

"I'm the one who cut his ankle on a damn branch! It's your fault we can't get in, anyway."

Before Craig could respond, I cleared my throat and knocked on the side of the house. They turned their attention towards me. Clyde looked grateful and Craig looked pissed at the sight of me.

"D-did you guys t-try the fr-front door? I-it wasn't locked." I said quietly, facing Clyde rather than Craig.

Clyde face-palmed and glared at Craig. "Told you we should have at least tried it."

Craig just flipped him off and started walking towards the door.

"Craig! You gotta help me at least get up and in the house! I'll bleed to death out here!" Clyde called out and he just received the middle finger. "Have Twink help you out. I'm going to bed."

Clyde rolled his eyes and sighed, turning his view back towards me. "Ignore him. He is an asshole on the outside but a huge softy on the inside."

I smiled and nodded. "I c-could tell. I'll h-help you up."

He smiled and held up his arm which I put around my shoulders. I wrapped my arm around his waist and helped him up and into the house. I put him on the couch and he smiled. "Thanks."

I nodded. "D-do you know wh-where the first aid k-kit is?" He pointed at the cupboard under the stairs.

"It's in there next to the blue binder."