Part 12

It has been about a week since my little scene with Craig and frankly, we have become a little closer. When around people he acknowledges me a little more and doesn't seem like he hates me as much. 

He is more open when we are alone. Much like how we are now. I'm sitting on his couch watching some movie while his sister is at a friend's, Laura is doing errands and His father is probably at work. 

"Popcorn is done, the movie is starting, what am I forgetting?" Craig asked more himself then me as he plopped on the couch next to me. 

I shrugged and he glared at the screen. 

"Blankets and Pop! It's a marathon so we need enough stuff to last us at least ten hours," he said and I chuckled as he practically fell off the couch as he went to get the pop and blankets. 

"D-Do you need any h-help?" I call out and when I didn't get a response I got up and walked into the kitchen. 

Craig was pacing around the room and kept pulling on his sleeve. 

"Wh-what's bothering you?" I asked and he stopped pacing and looked at me. He shook his head and gave me a weak half smile.

"I'm fine, just worried. I forgot it's Saturday," he said and I thought for a second before realizing what he was talking about. 

"I-I can go," I suggested and he shook his head. 

"We can watch at least one movie, then if he doesn't show up by then we'll go up to my room and play video games. You cool with that?" he asked and I nodded and forced a smile. He gave me a quick side hug before opening the fridge and grabbing four pops and handed two of them to me. 

"Give me a second while I get the blankets," he said and I nodded and went back into the living room. I set down the two pops and sit on the couch. 

Craig soon came back in with a pop in each hand and a blanket on each shoulder. He placed the pops on the coffee table and gave me one of the blankets. 

I wrapped myself up in the blanket as he turned on the movie and placed the popcorn in between us. 

As the movie started to play I wasn't paying much attention to the movie, but more or less to Craig. I could tell he wasn't paying much attention either. He keeps glancing at the window and back at the screen. I also noticed he wasn't really eating the popcorn either. While I would take some every couple minutes, or seconds, depending on the movie. 

I am not paying much attention to what is happening in it, but the noises are enough to scare me half to death. 

We got to the credits of the movie without any crazy incident happening and I notice Craig let out a subtle sigh. 

I smile at him and grab the three empty pop cans and throw them away, keeping the blanket draped over my shoulders. 

"So w-what now?" I ask as Craig puts the bowl we used for the popcorn in the sink. 

He looked outside before looking at his phone and then back outside. 

"Well my dad isn't home yet, I doubt he'll be back anytime soon. We could play video games upstairs if you want," he said with a shrug and I nodded. 

"S-Sure," I say with a forced smile. He ruffles my hair and goes back into the living room. I just sigh as I follow him and wait by the Stairs. 

He grabs his blanket and the pop can on the table and walked back over to me. 

He held out his arm, telling me I could go first so I nodded at him and went up the stair, him following behind. 

"Which game do you want to play?" He asked me as we entered his room and I sat on the beanbag chair in front of his TV.