Part 14

I sighed as I closed the door to the closet, keeping the Rope ladder down so Ruby doesn't have to worry about it when she wakes up. 

I stare at my window for a few minutes before hearing the ringing noise of a phone, making me jump. I looked over to where the noise was coming from and saw my phone, face down on the bed, lighting up. 

I quickly jump on my bed, grabbing my phone. 

I turn on my back and hold my phone above my head and saw Mike's contact. I smiled and quickly answered the call, putting the phone to my ear and staring at the ceiling. 

"Tweek?" Mike's voice rung through the phone and I smiled. 

"Hiya!" I say cheerfully as I sat up. 

"It's amazing to hear your voice again! I've missed you so much!" he said and I chuckled. 

"I've missed you too! How are you? Is everything alright? I can't believe I am actually speaking to you again! It's been so long! Oh god, now I'm rambling," I say with an awkward laugh. I heard him chuckle and I let out a sigh. 

"I'm great! The family I'm with now is unbelievably kind! How are you? Is everything okay?" he asked and I chuckled. 

"I'm completely and utterly terrified," I say with a chuckle. 

"Why? What's wrong? Are you being hurt again? What's the matter?" he questioned and I shrugged as I got off my bed. 

"I dunno actually, it's... confusing," I say as I exit my room and go downstairs. 

"How is it confusing?" Mike asked, confusion in his voice. 

"I have been here a little more than a month but it's like I'm already comfortable around practically everyone, but I'm not. The people here scare me sometimes, and some of them have violent tenancies, but I can't get myself to hate or be suspicious or anything! It's like there is a safety dome around me I don't know about but my subconscious and Body do," I paused for a second while I get on the couch. 

"Then to top it off, I was like extremely tired the I think first night or... no it was the second night. I was extremely tired and sick. According to Craig I had like a fever and I was barely able to stand properly, my body was weak, and I was attracted to things... well people that radiated heat. I have always found comfort in people that radiate heat, despite the fact I'm never cold, but I've never felt so cold where I would apparently whine whenever I was too far away from another's body heat," I say before coughing a bit. 

"Have you gone to the doctors? That cough doesn't sound too good," he said and I rolled my eyes. 

"No way in hell am I going to the doctors. I'm perfectly fine, I slept for two days straight, was slightly sick the next day or so then I was perfectly fine. The only thing left is this cough that wont go away, but it's not too bad," I say and I knew he was rolling his eyes. 

"Whatever, but who is this Craig guy?" he asked with a suggestive tone which made my face heat up. 

"A-A friend! He stayed with us for the first two weeks I was here while his family was away. So he was the one who helped out with me when I was sick. Honestly I think he just pities me," I say, getting quieter as I spoke. 

"Tweek, I'm sure he positively loves you. Besides you've got me and I am awesome," he said with a chuckle making me laugh. 

"Man I miss hearing your laugh," Mike said and I rolled my eyes. 

"You're such a sap," I say and he laughs. 

"But you love me anyways," he said and I chuckled. 

"That I do," I say and I look at the cable box and my eyes widened at the time. 

"You realize it is like two thirty-five right?" I questioned and he groaned. 

"Dammit, I have to be up in like three hours to do something. I'll text you when I can," he said and I chuckled. 

"G'night ya dork," I said and he scoffed before laughing. 

"G'night ya Nerd," he said before hanging up. 

I hold the phone to my ear for a minute after he hung up before sighing and laying on the couch with my legs dangling off the side. 

"Damn time, how is it already two anyway? well I guess I did spend about twenty minutes calming Karen down, then I probably played for a couple hours on the piano. 

I let out an annoyed sigh at the time and turned the volume of the TV up a bit. I was watching some reruns of this show, 'Red Racer' which was honestly a kids show, but it was funny. About fifteen minutes into one of the episodes I got a blizzard warning on my phone. 

I let out a sigh as I went upstairs and made sure the attic window was shut. I just looked up and saw that the window was closed and Ruby was still sleeping so I went back downstairs and turned off the TV. 

I looked up at the time and it was almost three so I went into the kitchen and started to make some hot chocolate. 

When it was done I had realized I made enough for at least four people so I filled four different mugs with the hot chocolate and cleaned up the small mess I made as the chocolaty drink cooled off. 

When I was done I noticed there was a knocking noise coming from the living room, making me pale a bit. 

I quickly went over to the knife drawer and grabbed a boning knife before slowly going into the living room. 

"W-who is i-it?" I questioned, my voice shaking along with my body. 

I heard a loud cough making me jump. 

"Cr-Craig," I heard a weak voice say making me drop the knife and run towards the door. 

Not bothered to look through the peephole I swung the door open, revealing Craig soaked in water and snow. 

He looked tired and I noticed some slight blood splatters on his clothing and some blood dripping from his head. 

He was about to say something but before he could he started to blink rapidly and sway from side to side. He started to fall and I quickly moved to catch him. 

I started shaking as snow hit my face along with the freezing breeze. I picked Craig up bridal style and carried him to the couch, closing the door with my foot. 

"P-Please be okay," I mutter as I set him down on the couch. 

His skin was pale and he was violently shaking. 

I noticed he had several bruises on his face and there was a cut above his left eyebrow.

Worried, I quickly went to the cupboard and Grabbed the first aid kit along with the last winter Blanket.

I took off his Jacket and hat, setting them on the coffee table.

I sat him up slightly before taking off his shirt, seeing the many cuts and bruises that scattered his tan skin.

I let out a sigh as I started to clean the cuts.

I noticed a large scar that went from his collar bone down to his naval.

I brushed my finger over the scar  and closed my eyes as tears threatened to spill.

Memories of my old foster families started to flood my mind and I felt tears fall down my cheeks.

After a minute or so I started to calm down and I wiped away the stray tears.

I continued to clean and bandage his cuts that covered his torso and Arms.

Once I got to his wrist I took noticed of many old and new cuts along with multiple scars. I felt a tear fall down my cheek as I gently cleaned the cuts and bandaged them.

I kept hold on his cold hands and stared and his now bandaged wrists.

"I-I'm sorry," I mutter as I close my eyes and grip his hands...

(is it me or am I updating a lot faster than normal??? I actually don't know...)