30 - Step Two

"This place can get kind of cold by the way. They keep the air conditioner on," Craig said as we approached a large orange building. 

"Th-that's fine," I said and he smiled and opened the door and let me enter in before him. First thing I noticed was a lot of booths for food or candy. 

"So, as you can tell they start off with a lot of 'gourmet food' and stuff, or as I like to call them, 'expensive food when you could probably go to the corner store and get the same thing but cheaper' so I normally don't mess with these," Craig explained and I nodded before spotting a fudge stand with a familiar face. 

"I'll be right back," I said before hurrying over to the fudge area and waited quietly for a chance to speak to the guy. 

"Hey Tweek," Michael said and I smiled at him. 

Michael is a regular at the shop, but he doesn't have many friends other than two other kids his age and one around Karen and Ruby's age. 

He, along with his three friends, have been considered 'emo', despite them being goth since he was in fourth Grade. 

They've mostly grown out of that faze, but still, dress pretty dark. They are good people though and we are pretty cool. 

"You are working here?" I asked and he nodded. 

"Well, I'm volunteering. What's with the tie?" He asked and I shrugged. 

"Long story," I said and he laughed a bit. 

"Oh you should try this," He said before hurrying to the other side of the booth and grabbing a chunk of fudge and handing it to me. 

"What is it?" I asked before tossing it into my mouth. 

"it's a caramel coffee fudge, what'd'ya think?" he asked and I nodded as the taste of Coffee and Caramel filled my mouth. 

"It's amazing. It tastes like a caramel frappe sorta, but better," I said, although it was hard to understand because there was still fudge on the roof of my mouth. 

"Awesome, you want some for your friends, It can be on the house," he said and I shook my head. 

"Nah, I don't want you to get in trouble or anything," I said and he shook his head. 

"Well too bad, you give me discounts and free coffee and stuff at the shop so I'm paying you back with this. Besides you can't find this stuff anywhere else because it's a 'specialty fudge'," he said with air quotes before hurrying back over and coming back with a bag and a fudge block about the size of a small bread pan. 

"Here you go, also, if you come back, do not try the dill fudge. Some think, oh that sounds disgusting but it might taste good, it doesn't. It really doesn't," he said and I laughed a bit. 

"I'll keep that in mind, I'll see you later. I don't want to leave Craig for too long," I said as he handed me the bag with a smile. 

"I ship it. See you later man," he said before going back to working the cash register. 

I quickly walk back over to Craig with a smile and he raised an eyebrow. 

"What's that?" he asked and I held up the fudge. 

"Coffee fudge, aka an amazing ass creation that is like really overpriced," I said and he laughed. 

"Why'd you buy it then?" he asked and I shrugged. 

"I went over to say hi to Michael and he was like, yo try this, and handed me some fudge then he was like, here is a block on the house whether you like it or not, and shoved a bag of fudge in my face. I'm not complaining, although if he gets fired I'm going to kill him," I said and Craig laughed.