Part 13

I got home around a quarter 'till six and Richard was sitting on the couch with his guitar while Karen held up some sheet music. 

I gave a weak smile as I took off my jacket and hung it up on the coat rack before walking towards them. 

"H-Hey guys," I say with a small wave before sitting on the arm of the couch. 

"Hi Hun, how was your day?" Karen asked as she held down the paper. 

I shrugged, "I-It was good. C-Craig and I just watched a m-movie before p-playing v-video games." 

She laughed a bit and smiled. 

"It's good to see you are finally getting along with Craig. If you don't mind me asking, what changed? About a Week or so ago he seemed to... erm... hate you?" She said hesitantly and it sounded as if she was questioning her own words. 

I just chuckled and nodded. 

"Y-yeah... I got on h-his nerves unintentionally I guess. I-I don't know really what, b-but we had I guess y-you could s-s-say a bonding m-moment," I explain and they nod with smiles on their faces. 

Richard stood up and put his guitar on the stand that was on the other side of the couch. He then stood up and stretched his arms with a yawn. 

"C'mon kid, I have a new Asian recipe and you and I need to master it," Richard said as he started to weirdly walk into the kitchen making both myself and Karen laugh. 

"A-Alright," I said as I went into the kitchen and helped him cook. 

After about an hour we finally finished and we were plating when I got a notification. I excused myself from dinner to go to my room.

I went upstairs and fell onto my bed face first before pulling my phone out of my back pocket.

I put in the code and smiled at the notification.

I quickly clicked on the text and smiled at the words on the screen.

Mike: Hey Tweek, hows life?

I quickly texted a response and tossed my phone to the side while I sat up.

After a couple of minutes with no response I got bored and grabbed my guitar that was leaning against my wall next to the closet.

I grabbed a pencil and paper from my bedside table and placed them on my bed before I started randomly playing some chords.

After a while I started to get a good melody I wrote down what I had come up with. 

"Tweek, Karen and I are heading to bed. We have to get up pretty early but you can go ahead and stay up. Just don't stay up too late," I heard Richard say from outside my door before knocking.

"A-alright! G-Goodnight!" I call out and he tapped on the door so I knew he went back to his room.

I grabbed my phone to look at the time and saw that I've been in my room for almost two hours.

I let out a sigh before opening my text that I sent to Mike.

Me: I'm surprisingly great! Hru?
Seen

He still hasn't responded. I tossed my phone to the side and put my guitar back before heading downstairs. I sat on the couch before turning on the TV and watching whatever show was on at the time. 

After a couple episodes I heard a weak knock at my door and I turned the volume of the TV down. I looked at the cable box to see it was near half past ten. 

I got up and slowly walked over to the door curious of to who would be here at this time. I hesitantly looked through the peephole to see Craig's sister, Ruby, standing on the doorstep, shaking with a blanket wrapped around her. 

I quickly opened the door and pulled her in, closing the door behind us as I lead her into the living room and onto the couch. 

"W-Why are you o-out this late? Wh-what's wrong?" I questioned and she shook her head. She looked as if she was about to cry so I quickly hurried over to the cupboard under the stairs and opened it. I went into the back and pulled out a couple blankets, that I'm assuming Karen and Richard save for winter, and carried them over to Ruby. 

"I'm sorry if I am bothering you," she said as I took the blanket she had and wrapped her with one of the thicker, fluffier blankets that I had. 

I shook my head and smiled at her. 

"I-It's no bother, but w-why are you h-here? Wh-what happened?" I asked and she frowned and looked at her hands. 

"I got in a fight with Karen," she said and I nodded. 

Karen was Kenny's younger sister and, if I remember properly, Ruby's best friend since they were like six. 

"Wh-what about? If y-you don't mind m-me asking," I said and she shook her head. 

"I... kissed her..." she said quietly and I nodded. 

"I-I'm assuming she d-didn't like that much," I said and she nodded. 

"She pushed me away and yelled at me to leave. Said I was a bitch because I apparently knew she had a thing for Ike, which I didn't," she explained on the verge of tears. 

"D-Do you want a h-hug?" I hesitantly asked, spreading my arms out a bit and she didn't respond, just quickly moved into my arms and cried into my chest. 

"I-It's okay," I whispered quietly as I wrapped my arms around her and rubbed circles on her back.

I continued to whisper comforting words to her as she cried in my arms. When she finally calmed down I let go over her and wiped away her tears. 

"D-don't tell anyone," she said with a sniffle and I gave her a confused look. 

"Tell a-anyone what?" I asked with a wink, making her giggle and hug me again. 

"Do you think I could stay here tonight? I can sleep on the couch if need be, I really don't want to go home," she said and I nodded understandingly. 

"C'mon, I have a foldout bed upstairs in the attic. You can sleep there if you want," I said and she nodded as we got off the couch. 

She followed me up and when I went into my room she took a second to look around. Then I went over to the closet and brought the ladder down. She laughed when the rope hit my head making me chuckle a bit. I let her climb up first and I went over to the couch and unfolded it after taking off the pillows. 

"Can you play the piano?" she asked as I made the bed and I nodded.

"Y-yeah. Want me t-to play for you?" I asked and she nodded excitedly. 

"If you don't mind. I normally listen to music to help me sleep but my phone is dead," she said and I nodded as I finished making the bed. 

Before I went to the piano I grabbed a lime green portable charger from the shelf and tossed it to her. 

"Y-You can keep it. I've got t-tons of them lying a-around," I said and she smiled and thanked me before plugging her phone into it and setting it on the table. 

"A-Any request?" I asked as I sat on the piano bench and she shook here head. 

"Nope, preferably something more on the classical side," she said and I nodded before playing a random Mozart song that I'm not sure what it's called. 

Eventually I heard light snoring and chuckled as I saw Ruby sleeping, holding onto one of the pillows tightly. 

I stopped playing and walked over to her. I pulled the blanket that she had kicked astray up to her shoulders and I turned on the lamp, giving her a dim light to see. I pat her head gently before whispering a goodnight and going down the stairs. 

I forgot to mention in the last chapter, 

If you have covers for this book submit them via Email and if you can't for whatever reason reach out and we can figure something out 

Peanutgirlmei@gmail.com is my Email and yeah... you have until after the book is finished... probably about a month or so after... I will make a chapter after this is done with the deadline... *shrugs* You have plenty of time so no hurry!