Part 22

"So how did you two meet?" Kenny asked as we sat at a picnic table near the food court. 

"Like I said, he saved my ass," Mike said and I chuckled. 

"Not really," I said and he rolled his eyes. 

"Want to just tell him the story and then they decide whether or not you saved my ass?" he suggested and I shrugged. 

"Fine. So it was my first day of school back in his hometown," I said pointing to Mike. 

Both Craig and Kenny nodded so I continued with my story 

~Flash back~

The school was very large, very intimidating, and very crowded. It was a school for seventh through Twelfth and sadly for me, I was only eighth. 

As I walked through the crowded halls I kept to the side and out of everyone's way. Very few people noticed me as I walked down the halls and it seemed even fewer noticed when I was shoved into a locker and dragged into a nearby restroom and tossed me to the ground.

I guess they couldn't tell that you could hear more than one person crying in the stalls, or maybe they didn't care. I only the other hand could hear that my cries and tears were accompanied by the muffled ones of another.

Eventually, I was shoved against the wall and forced to look into one of the guys' lust filled eyes. I'm sure he could see the fear in mine as he smirked. 

I shut my eyes as tight as I could, hoping they would just go away, but they didn't. They didn't go away but they stopped. 

I felt the guy let go of my shirt and I slid down the wall to the floor before hiding my face in the palms of my hands. 

 "L-Leave him alone," I heard a weak and timid voice say from the other side of the room. 

At that moment I noticed the crying that was heard alongside mine was gone. I slowly looked up and saw one of the guys blocking the entrance with a slightly smaller boy with dark hair and slightly red eyes that were puffy. 

"If it isn't Crybaby Mike," One of the guys said in a taunting tone that made the boy look away. 

"What are you going to do if we don't leave 'em be? Cry to mommy and daddy?" Another guy asked with a mocking pout that made the boy glare at the ground as a tear fell from his cheek. 

I tried to get up as they started to push the boy around but my body was too weak so all I could do was watch. 

"L-Leave him a-a-alone," I weakly say and all of the boys looked over at me. 

"Damn the spaz spoke up," the biggest guy said with a glare in my direction. 

I looked away and used the wall to help myself up before looking back in their direction. 

"A-aren't you h-he-here for me... l-let him g-g-go," I said and the guy walked up to me with a smirk. 

"Or," he started as he got close enough and started to caress my jawline with his index and middle finger, making me flinch. 

"We could just use both of you," he said with a smirk.

I felt a tear roll down my cheek and Mike put a hand on my shoulder. 

"Let's just say we got our asses kicked. We have been friends ever since," Mike finished and Kenny nodded as I wiped away the stray tear and noticed Craig glaring at nothing in particular. He was clutching onto his arm so tight his knuckles were white and his knee kept bouncing.