Chapter 5

Dedicated Chapter Song:  Ghosts - PVRIS

I swear that I'll be fine, I 'll be fine in the daylight. If I change and I start to fade, and all the green in my eyes desaturate, it's my head not my hear that's strayed. I'm sorry I keep pushing you away.

(Anna)

"...they only have thirteen years to live after they Turn. Rose was at the end of her timeline. That's why she... that's why I ate her." Ruby explained just as Anna and Levi returned from the outside. "We need ODM gear." Anna stated coldly. "If we have any hope of getting out of here alive we'll need gear and weapons. Problem is:  it's damn near impossible for us to obtain now. The Scouting Legion is being watched so we can't hope to go back to HQ and resupply—"

"I can get us some gear." Ruby exhaled. "Huh— you're too injured to go out!" Eren argued. "I can try to heal her." Anna spoke up quickly. "I mean... if I have that ability, I may as well use that to my advantage, right?"

"I still find that strange," Armin butted in. "No other Titan has the ability to heal, so how do you?"

Anna simply shrugged her shoulders. "I'm Abnormal." she carelessly stated. "Believe me, I don't even know anything about my real self anymore." she slammed her back against a wooden pillar. "My thoughts vary from moment to moment as I think that this is all pointless. Some days I think we should just let the Titans overrule us. That maybe...the world would be better that way. But... That's just not how it works, right?" she kept her eyes on the ground. "We have to keep fighting. It's in our blood. It doesn't matter who we are or who we believe in. Whether we believe in faith or a God, at the end of day we just need to believe in each other."

"Where are you going with this?" Levi asked.

Anna sucked in a breathe. "Yep. I knew you'd find my inspirational speech suspicious. I'm not good at them." she shook her head. "I'm saying that I think we need to hand ourselves over to my mother and the Ripper. Eren, Historia and I."

"What?!"

"Are you insane?!"

"That's a suicide mission!"

"We barely made it out alive!"

"There's no way!"

Anna stomped her foot on the ground. "Let me finish!" she barked, silencing them all. "I'm not saying we go in blind. I'm saying we come up with a plan that allows them to think they captured us again. We need to exploit their secrets and find out the truth behind the royal family and the Titans. I have a hunch that there's more to this my mother knows than she's leading on. As well," her eyes glanced at Historia. "We may be closer than you or I think."

"Armin and I can devise a plan as to how to safely let you all get kidnapped." Ruby spoke up.

"Brilliant. We have connections in Trost that can allow us some resources and intel. My guess is that Hanji is waiting there for us. We should rendezvous with her first. Damn...if only we had inside eyes in the Military Police."