Chapter 10

Dedicated Chapter Song: Beyond My Reach - Andy Black

The sun went down and it never came up. Screaming in the dark, ain't loud enough. But for as far as I could see, you were just beyond my reach.
(Cayden to Hysteria)

"Hysteria," Cayden breathed out, slowly approaching her crystalized coffin that kept her in an upright position

"Hysteria," Cayden breathed out, slowly approaching her crystalized coffin that kept her in an upright position. She was hidden in a place unlike any other within the Walled World. A crystal cavern, filled with glowing walls. Behind her coffin was a strange slope, with chains and cuffs bolted into the ground of it.

Hysteria was peaceful- a word that was so foreign to her. Her body remained encased in layers upon layers of glass and crystal. Her beautiful white hair covered her half-naked body down to her lower back. Cayden placed a hand on her coffin, his blue-green eyes filled with determination. "I'll get you out of here. Just wait a little longer. My darling sister will stop at nothing to pursue us for her little friends." his voice was low as he chuckled. "I don't want to hurt her...but I do need you to come back to life. Just a little longer, Hysteria. Keep holding on, my queen."

"Mmmph!" Anna threw her arms above her head and stretched

"Mmmph!" Anna threw her arms above her head and stretched. "So you got a lead for us, Rubes?" she'd asked as the others buckled up their ODM gear she'd retrieved for them all. Ruby was glancing down at a notebook of hers. "Yeah. According to my resources, Kenny and your mother, as well as their reinforcements should be hiding out there underneath the church. It used to be part of the Reiss residence, as far as I know. Unfortunately, our plan of eavesdropping on them won't quite work since I have to return to Stohess today. Luckily, Armin and Hanji devised a better plan. I'll leave it up them to explain." she smiled kindly.

Anna nodded and turned to the rest of her friends as they were all individually conversing and stocking up. As she waited for further instructions she messed with her own hair and tied a small braid near her ear that came down her shoulder. She liked that style and decided to keep it like that for a while.

She felt a hand subtly squeeze her backside and her face flushed a bright red when she turned to see Levi looking down at her. "Leviii... we're in public..." she said through gritted teeth. "No one saw anything." he simply spoke as he walked over to Hanji. "Oi, shitty glasses, what's the plan?"