Chapter 33

Dedicated Chapter Song: From Now On - The Greatest Showman OST

A man learns who is there for him when the glitter fades and the walls won't hold. 'Cause from then, rubble one remains. Can only be what's true. If all was lost. There's more I gain. 'Cause it led me back...to you.
(Levi Ackerman)

“Ha...ha...VAL!” screamed Aurora. The thundering booms of the fighting Titans and the hot, hot steam surrounding the area created a dense and hard to manuever through atmosphere. “Come on, Rory!” said Valentina, reaching out to grab her sister’s arm.

Just as they rounded the corner, they came to a sudden halt at the open area that'd turned into a major battlefield. It seemed that while the Attack Titan took a rest, the Skeleton Titan was stepping in as a distraction against the War Hammer Titan. “Wow...sugoi...” said Aurora in shock and awe, having never seen a Titan up close like that before.

“What the hell are you doing out here?!” bellowed a grizzly old man working for the Marleyan army. Valentina knew, and despised him. “Get your assess off the street! I can't afford to lose valuable soldiers like you!”

“Hand me that!” Valentina ordered her sister to hand her a metal rod from a broken building, of which Val took and smacked firmly against the man's cranium. “Don't— ever— tell us what to do.” she sneered upon very clearly killing the man by shoving the pipe through his throat. “Come on, Rory!”

Aurora wasn't squeamish, but certainly didn't enjoy the sight of her sister openly murdering a man and quickly turned to run away and towards the flying steam ship.

“Did that girl...” said the Captain of the Survey Corps, from a high place up above Marley. “just kill that man? She's so small...how could she even have the will power to do that?” his attention was divided from the twins running away, to instead a third party jumping into the battlefield.

“Who the hell is that?”

Rika sighed heavily from behind the makeshift mask around her mouth that she'd made from pieces of her dress, eventually pushing herself off the roof of the building nearest the War Hammer Titan. Though she knew it wouldn't remotely harm them, she cut at the nape with her knife. “Come on, Tybur! I know you can hear me in there, you bitch!”

Ruby seemed stunned at the sudden third party member, but was grateful that they distracted the War Hammer Titan long enough for her to bring up her skeletal leg and bash it against their head, bringing it crashing down to the ground.

“Nice job, Rubes,” Rika whispered under her breath. As she rode the Titan down, she leapt to a balcony and swung herself to a steady position.

Ruby backed out of the fight and switched off with Eren, but not before questioning the third party. Eren narrowed his eyes. “I've seen that woman before. I didn't know she could fight like that.”