Chapter 26

Dedicated Chapter Song: King of Pain - Andy Black

Where is the spark that won't fade away? And where is the Queen to my King of Pain?
(Levi)

"Hysteria hasn't shown her face," Cayden informed after doing a quick surveying sweep of Shinganshina

"Hysteria hasn't shown her face," Cayden informed after doing a quick surveying sweep of Shinganshina. "That means for the meantime, we can focus on taking the Beast down."

Anna had barely moved since she'd been wounded, giving her a few extra minutes of life. Instead of ten, she'd moved up to thirteen. Her eyes were dull and lifeless, though she was still breathing. "Anna?" Levi crouched down beside her again, placing a hand on her shoulder. "How are you doing?"

"It's over..." she whispered. Twelve minutes. "I won't make it." her eyes slowly glanced out to the Beast. "It's really too bad. I would've liked... to see the world again. But...Levi," she calmly said, raising her head. "Can you see them? Our comrades? They're watching us...they want to know what the objective is that they forfeited their lives for." she felt as though ghosts surrounded her, glaring at her body, just waiting for her to die. "Because the Battle isn't over just yet..." her head lowered again, looking down at the blood-soaked cravat. "It's all... in my head, isn't it? It's just a childish delusion, right?"

Levi moved closer to her, pressing his lips to her head. "You have fought well," he whispered, on the brink of tears. "It's only thanks to you that we've come this far. I will make the choice." his eyes were angry. Not at her, but at fate- at time; their true enemy. "Give up on killing Hysteria and die. Wait for me at the gates of Hell. In the meantime, I will take down the Beast Titan."

Anna smiled sadly at him, closing her eyes and letting out a deep breath. "I love you..." she whispered, exhaling what he thought would be her last breath. But she surprised him once again by slowly getting up to her feet. "But I'm not going to just die like cattle. I lived like it, and I'm not...ergh ...dying the same way." she grabbed her handgun from her holster and shot off several bullets until the muzzle of the gun was burning hot, then pressed that part against her skin to cauterize her wound.

The pain was intense, and she did scream, but she was going to do what it took to keep herself alive a bit longer. "Take that fucking piece of shit down," she growled through the pain. "Cayden and I will destroy that bitch Hysteria."

Somehow he found a way to smile at her, happy that she might just make it through this. "I'll see you when this is all over," he said, jumping off the edge of the Wall and soaring to the other side.

Anna turned to her brother. "You ready?" Cayden nodded fiercely, a quick smile appearing on his face. "Let's do this." Anna didn't know Cayden all that well, but in the short time that she did, she was proud of him for changing who he was so fast. Anna bent her knees and crouched before running and leaping off the Wall, Cayden right at her side mimicking her movements. "I'm not dead yet, Hysteria!" she screamed, looking up as another round of boulders came flying in.