Chapter 31

Dedicated Chapter Song: I'm Alive - Shinedown

Cause you're living a lie my friend. Say it with me. I'm alive, I'm alive. When you're dead inside.
(Rika/Anna and Ruby)

"The plan to take back Paradis Island is going well," spoke Porco, a young man with slick combed back hair and shaved sides. He was quite arrogant, Rika had come to figure, and she often avoided him as he liked to flirt with her. "Our superiors are very wise and cunning. I'm looking forward to seeing what brilliant plan they can come up with."

"Yeah? Like leaving everything in the hands of just four children?" spoke Pieck, a frail woman with messy black hair would could barely stand on her own. Rika had come to learn that this was because she was the one who possessed the quadrupedal- or cart- Titan.

"What will become....of us Eldians?"

Rika glanced out with sad brown eyes to see her daughters running, all geared up with guns in their hands. She'd told them beforehand to hold back and to not run at their full speed for fear of them being targeted to inherit the Armoured Titan and the Female Titan. She dreaded having to force them to suppress their Ackerman powers.

Since the death of Hysteria, the Hysteric Titan was no more, leaving only the Skeleton Titan as the one Titan who was created without being one of the original nine Titans. That was rumoured to be in the hands of the Founding Titan's "spouse", which made Rika ecstatic to hear. She knew who owned both and was eager to see if the "spouse" part was true.

Though if it were, it must've been killing Ruby to have Eren away from her for so long on this island.

"Hm?" spoke Reiner, glancing out to the running children. "Oh, he's caught up...Falco caught up with Gabi..."

Rika smiled as he daughters came in last, neither one panting or out of breath. The other two children were angry beyond what a child should be.

"Pfft," scoffed Porco at the sudden rush of children going to congratulate Falco. "He got one win and they're making this big fuss over it. They don't even care how it makes Gabi feel..."

"At this point it doesn't matter how well he does in training," Rika spoke up, surprising everyone that was she was even still there as she stayed entirely quiet the whole time. "it's too late to push Gabi out of her position."

"I don't know about that." Porco responded arrogantly. "The criteria to be chosen as a warrior are quite vague."

"What are you saying?" spoke another man. "You don't know that, even if you're in the Marleyan army. Even if Falco doesn't get to become a Titan, then..."

"Better be careful, Colt," Zeke warned, standing next to Rika, seeming somewhat protective of her. "Are you making light of the honor that is to become a warrior?"